Day 8....new to the forum

mommyto3

Hi everyone,

After a binge of a summer, I decided I was going to do a fruit and veggie fast.  It ended yesterday.  While I am absolutely exhausted, I am so proud of myself to stick with it and decided to continue through the 30 days following this plan.  I would love any QUICK meal ideas.  I have three active kids and am on the go A LOT.  I love to cook but just don't have the time to spend in the kitchen. With three kids, I also don't have a ton of money to spend either so I do prefer things with little ingredients to keep the costs down!  So I would love your quick ideas. 

For now, my plan is:

Breakfast

Sauteed mushrooms, tomatos, avocado

bacon

eggs

Snack (if needed)

fruit

Lunch

Salad with homemade salad dressing or Tessamae Italian dressing

Leftovers (if no leftovers, I would love an idea to get some protein in here)

Snack (always needed here!)

fruit

almonds

Dinner

Choice of protein (beef, chicken, pork, etc)

veggies

I also started Couch to 5K and am on week on 2 :)

you will have the best results if you follow the meal template for all of your meals. This means protein at lunch (very easy to "get it into" salads and leftovers: to salads, add cooked cold protein like chicken or pork or steak strips or canned tuna or salmon or freshly cooked tuna or salmon or shrimp or scallops of top your salad with a bison or lamb burger,....etc. on leftovers, your leftovers should include leftover meat, so done.). 

If you are hungry enough to need a snack, take a look at the composition of your meals and add more protein and fat and possibly starchy carbs. Do not eat fruit as a snack (or fruit+nuts), but instead have a smaller version of the same meals you eat the rest of the day whenever you are hungry; protein, fat and vegetables.

Here is the meal template: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Archived