Going on a business trip ... portable ideas?

Momma2Monkeys

• Moderators

Have you tried googling Whole30 plane food -- or something to that effect? I know this has come up before, you'll probably find suggestions that way.

If you've got dinners and lunches figured out, why is breakfast a problem? Anything that works for the other two will work for breakfast. If you really need breakfast type foods, egg muffins would work well -- make sure you take enough to be the equivalent of whatever a serving of eggs is for you. Maybe some roasted sweet potato, if you don't mind eating it cold (it's really not bad cold, not as good as hot out of the oven, but not bad). Or some raw veggies. If nuts/nut butters don't bother you, celery, carrots, and almond butter go well together and would get you veggies and fat. 

what are the lunches and dinners you have figured out?  I'm traveling at the end of the month and I'm trying to plan ahead.  I love the idea of egg muffins!  I also have those rx bars and paleo wraps (coconut)... maybe egg muffins in a paleo wrap and raw vegetables,  I like raw kale and broccoli.

what are the lunches and dinners you have figured out?  I'm traveling at the end of the month and I'm trying to plan ahead.  I love the idea of egg muffins!  I also have those rx bars and paleo wraps (coconut)... maybe egg muffins in a paleo wrap and raw vegetables,  I like raw kale and broccoli.

Note that Paleo wraps are no longer Whole30 compliant. http://whole30.com/2013/12/pure-wraps/

Here's some previous discussion on Whole30 plane food. 

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/11311-traveling-by-plane-staying-in-a-hotel-help-please/

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/12671-bringing-your-own-airplane-foodsnacks/

I just asked the same question :) I'm also going on a business trip and found a Whole Foods near the hotel, I believe they have compliant rotisserie chickens and premade hard boiled so I plant to do hard boiled eggs, chicken and veggies for breakfast. If you're staying in a hotel they may also have hard boiled eggs at breakfast. 

Let me know what other ideas you come up with!

I should have been more specific. :-) I already found restaurants where I can get W30 compliant meals for lunch and dinner. The hotel I am staying in serves a continental breakfast. Right now I am planning to bring coconut chips and cashews with me so I'll get a banana to have with that (I know fruit is discouraged for breakfast but I am at a serious loss) and I can grab a few hardboiled eggs. That's my best workaround.

• Moderators

I should have been more specific. :-) I already found restaurants where I can get W30 compliant meals for lunch and dinner. The hotel I am staying in serves a continental breakfast. Right now I am planning to bring coconut chips and cashews with me so I'll get a banana to have with that (I know fruit is discouraged for breakfast but I am at a serious loss) and I can grab a few hardboiled eggs. That's my best workaround.

On rereading, my comment sounds a bit rude. Sorry about that. Apparently I was a little grouchy that day :huh:. Something else to consider -- order double meat with your dinner, keep the leftovers in a fridge at the hotel if you have one, and then supplement that protein with any veggies or fruit you can find on the continental breakfast. Or order a whole second dinner, complete with veggies, and then you have the whole thing for breakfast in the morning.

• Moderators

Canned wild sardines in water, compliant tuna or salmon in pouches are 100% portable and convenient for your protein. Baby carrots or cherry/grape tomatoes for your veggies. Canned olives, coconut butter, a few nuts, or nut butter for your fat. Get all these in your belly instead of just eating a banana. It's especially important to eat protein and fat in the morning.

It doesn't have to be the best meal you ever ate, it just has to meet the Meal Template recommendations.

You can do this!

Archived