Refined vs Unrefined Coconut oil

tmorris

• Moderators

Here is a pretty full explanation... http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/unrefined-coconut-oil.html

Here is a good list of bullet points:

What are its advantages over Refined Coconut Oil? Well! Let's check them one by one;

• Taste: Unrefined Coconut Oil is tastier than the Refined Coconut Oil as it is neither bleached nor refined.
  • Flavour: Again, Unrefined Coconut Oil has a beautiful flavour of that of fresh coconuts which is absent in Refined Coconut Oil, since it is deodorized.
  • Nutrients: It is more nutritious than the refined one, being least process and subjected to least heat. It is richer in proteins (this is almost absent in refined oil), vitamins and anti oxidants.
  • Natural: It does not undergo any chemical processing, unlike Refined Coconut Oil which is treated with Sodium Hydroxide and bleached. So, it has that more natural touch.
  • Wholeness: It is wholesome coconut oil.

i love the smell and flavor of the unrefined organic coconut oil. I made the mistake of buying the Spectrum refined and was disappointed. so i just used it as body oil, hot oil treatment on my hair, put it in my granddaughters hair as a conditioner, etc.

i was amazingly surpirsed that when i fried my eggs in the unrefined coconut oil, the flavors combined were amazing! i can't eat my eggs without it anymore!

Tom, thank you so much. Is the use of refined coconut oil grounds for starting over? I am only on day 3.

Also, I LOVE your website and recipes! Thanks so much, it is very helpful!

I was in the same situation- first few days, I used refined coconut oil, but after I realised I chucked it out! I've now just been using ghee and olive oil.

I'm on Day 15 currently... but now I am curious if I need to take those days into account as well... :ph34r:

• 4 years later...

Hello,

Unrefined coconut oil is also known as ‘pure coconut oil’ or you can say 'Crude Coconut Oil'. It is high in all its nutritive fats. While, refined coconut oil is the processed, bleached and deodorized variant.

But both are can be utilized accordingly.

Refined Coconut Oil:It is available easily and is mostly cheaper than unrefined coconut oil.

Unrefined coconut oil:It has too many advantages over refined oil , precisely Taste and nutritional values.

Unrefined coconut oil has lot more than nutrition to the body it can be used for Skin and hair too for best results.

Archived