Today

Bobkarstenson

Started the Whole30 plan today.  Also new to forums, anyone have some good easy pre-workout meals?  My problem is I am up at 4 a.m. and in the gym by 5 a.m. after feeding dogs, and cat....and getting the sleep out of my eyes.  Any easy quick meals before a workout.

Thanks;

Bob

Maybe try making some sort of breakfast casserole that you can just reheat.  This weekend I made: http://www.plaidandpaleo.com/2013/11/paleo-sausage-and-sweet-potato.html and it reheated really well. I just cut off what I wanted and threw it in the microwave.

A lot of people on paleo and the Whole 30 talk about getting rid of the mindset of breakfast being breakfast food but I have trouble with that.  

• Moderators

Started the Whole30 plan today.  Also new to forums, anyone have some good easy pre-workout meals?  My problem is I am up at 4 a.m. and in the gym by 5 a.m. after feeding dogs, and cat....and getting the sleep out of my eyes.  Any easy quick meals before a workout.

Thanks;

Bob

According to the meal template, pre-workout should be protein and (optionally) fat -- so maybe hardboiled eggs? Tuna packed in oil? 

Maybe try making some sort of breakfast casserole that you can just reheat.  This weekend I made: http://www.plaidandpaleo.com/2013/11/paleo-sausage-and-sweet-potato.html and it reheated really well. I just cut off what I wanted and threw it in the microwave.

A lot of people on paleo and the Whole 30 talk about getting rid of the mindset of breakfast being breakfast food but I have trouble with that.  

I love breakfast food, always have. Of course, breakfast food for me, pre-W30, was cereal and toast, or maybe waffles with peanut butter, rarely eggs. At first when I started W30 the thought of eating leftovers or whatever first thing in the morning really bothered me, but then in the winter, when I was really wanting something warm and comforting (when I would have had oatmeal before), I made some soup. A nice, mild-flavored, creamy soup. And topped it with sausage for my protein, because that's breakfast food, so it wasn't too big a leap for me. And then one day I was out of sausage, and tried it with leftover chicken, and it was good, and then I had something leftover that really sounded good, so I had that, and now, while I still mostly eat eggs for breakfast, sometimes other things sound good, and I branch out. I think it's just starting with something small and getting used to it. Of course, as long as you're happy with eggs, it's also okay to keep eating eggs, but if you ever get tired of them, it is possible to change.

Archived