Right this second all I want is the kids leftovers!

I'm not going to have them. I'm going to put them in the bin after I've posted this message. But I want to acknowledge the very strong desire to eat those leftover fishfingers, and crusts of white toast.

I'm on day 15. It's been pretty plain sailing for me so far, just a few minor cravings from time to time. Until I started my W30, I regularly (daily) ate the leftovers, and sometimes made more than I thought the kids would want to create more leftovers.

So, hoping this is small bump in the road!

A couple of years ago my son said to me "mammy, you're like this familys dog" WHAT?? "because you eat the leftovers like Peppi" (his grandma's dog)

I swear I had to fight back the tears but I will always remember it.

Good for you for resisting! It can't be easy when you are staring at food you can't have.

I'm on day 15 as well...much like you, I haven't had many cravings up until now, but they seem to be kicking in now. Weird! Actually, I guess it's not cravings...more like old habits that are trying to kick in. (Like wanting to order pizza when I'm tired at the end of the day...not actually craving the taste of pizza, if that makes sense).

Actually, I guess it's not cravings...more like old habits that are trying to kick in. (Like wanting to order pizza when I'm tired at the end of the day...not actually craving the taste of pizza, if that makes sense).

Like some sort of grief, right? All I want is to eat some cake. Because that's what I used to do. But I really don't want to. So bizarre. (Day 16 btw).

A couple of years ago my son said to me "mammy, you're like this familys dog" WHAT?? "because you eat the leftovers like Peppi" (his grandma's dog)

I swear I had to fight back the tears but I will always remember it.

Yep, some (most) days I was absolutely the family dog (or bin).

You could try serving the kids food you think is healthy, then if you eat it who cares.

My kids have strong preferences about what they like/don't like. I avoid mealtime battles, as I think it sets up greater issues than giving them fish fingers, chicken nuggets and pizza. I realise that many here won't agree (I need a 'good vibes' smiley here :) )

Good for you for resisting! It can't be easy when you are staring at food you can't have.

I'm on day 15 as well...much like you, I haven't had many cravings up until now, but they seem to be kicking in now. Weird! Actually, I guess it's not cravings...more like old habits that are trying to kick in. (Like wanting to order pizza when I'm tired at the end of the day...not actually craving the taste of pizza, if that makes sense).

Totally! Takeaway pizza was our once-or-twice-a-month-can't-be-bothered-to-cook meal.

Like some sort of grief, right? All I want is to eat some cake. Because that's what I used to do. But I really don't want to. So bizarre. (Day 16 btw).

Yes! I'm sad for the toast and jam I won't be eating :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

You ladies might appreciate this one:

http://whole9life.co...-of-food-grief/

Oh my gosh I am so in the throes of the sadness stage. I am on day 26... after the rollercoaster of the first two weeks, I got energetic and very positive about all of the amazing foods I could make. Printing recipes, cooking great meals.

And yet... ten days later I just don't care. I ate baby carrots, a couple of eggs, and mustard for a meal yesterday.

I am so glad this should be temporary!!

Archived