Nausea

cge45

I am on day 9 of my first adventure with whole 30. For the last 3 days I have felt mildly nauseous starting after breakfast and continuing for most of the day. I find it very difficult to eat breakfast as I have no appetite (under normal circumstances) in the morning. Before starting whole 30 I typically made myself a non dairy fruit/protein shake. Now I'm making various egg concoctions with plenty of protein and veggies. The nausea hits before I even finish the meal. I read another post about priobiotics and mint or ginger tea. Will that help? Anything else I should be trying, or will it simply pass in a few days? I'm also experiencing headaches and body aches, but I would rate them as mild to moderate.

• Moderators

If you are not used to eating real protein at every meal - protein shakes are not real and do not digest the same way - you may need digestive enzymes to help you break down the protein until your body grows the gut bacteria it needs. Probiotics are bacteria that you need to grow, but digestive enzymes have immediate effect. You may want to investigate both:

Ginger and mint tea help with feelings, but not so much with actual digestion. 

Being achy is normal in the first few weeks. :)

On day 11 and feeling better. Nausea has subsided. I think I was trying to eat too much, especially at breakfast when I have no appetite. I'm 4'10" and fairly thin so it was too much food for my body.  I am going to look into the probiotics. Thanks for the info.

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys,

I need some help, please.

Today is Day 10. For the past two mornings - including today, I have been feeling really nauseous and head-achey roughly 30 mins after eating breakfast. Yesterday I had baked fish with cauliflower rice and a side avocado followed by a Green Tea. Today I had two burger patties with pan fried veggies which included sweet potato, mushrooms, artichoke, and tomato, and again, finished with a Green Tea.

When this happened yesterday, I eventually convinced myself to eat a banana and I felt normal again. I'll probably do the same again today, but I want to know why this is happening? Am I low on sugar or something? is this part of the detox process? I've done the Whole30 once before, and I don't remember feeling like this. My "sugar dragon" has been very well "tamed" so far which has really caught me by surprise. The most sugar I've consumed in one day so far has been in the form of a banana, a small apple, and a clementine. I'm still doing good.. But I'm a little bit worried about these headaches and feelings of nausea.

I recently started taking a magnesium and zinc supplement as of two days ago (both brands recommended by Whole30) if that helps figuring out what could be going on...

Thank you.

• Administrators

Hey Guys,

I need some help, please.

Today is Day 10. For the past two mornings - including today, I have been feeling really nauseous and head-achey roughly 30 mins after eating breakfast. Yesterday I had baked fish with cauliflower rice and a side avocado followed by a Green Tea. Today I had two burger patties with pan fried veggies which included sweet potato, mushrooms, artichoke, and tomato, and again, finished with a Green Tea.

When this happened yesterday, I eventually convinced myself to eat a banana and I felt normal again. I'll probably do the same again today, but I want to know why this is happening? Am I low on sugar or something? is this part of the detox process? I've done the Whole30 once before, and I don't remember feeling like this. My "sugar dragon" has been very well "tamed" so far which has really caught me by surprise. The most sugar I've consumed in one day so far has been in the form of a banana, a small apple, and a clementine. I'm still doing good.. But I'm a little bit worried about these headaches and feelings of nausea.

I recently started taking a magnesium and zinc supplement as of two days ago (both brands recommended by Whole30) if that helps figuring out what could be going on...

Thank you.

Any chance you're pregnant?

Archived