Umeboshi

Honey Sue

Thanks for posting this question, Honey Sue. I've never even given umeboshi a second glance because I always assumed they were super sweet and would wake up my sugar dragon. They just look sticky sweet in the package and I never even knew they were pickled! I am going to give them a try. I like to add new foods to my list. 

Thanks for posting this question, Honey Sue. I've never even given umeboshi a second glance because I always assumed they were super sweet and would wake up my sugar dragon. They just look sticky sweet in the package and I never even knew they were pickled! I am going to give them a try. I like to add new foods to my list. 

Fair warning: they are SALTY! I love the ume plum vinegar, but I can't really take the plums themselves except in the context of a rice ball (ratio: tiny sliver of plum to big ball of rice...not whole30, obviously). I've never heard of anyone eating them alone like the op.

Fair warning: they are SALTY! I love the ume plum vinegar, but I can't really take the plums themselves except in the context of a rice ball (ratio: tiny sliver of plum to big ball of rice...not whole30, obviously). I've never heard of anyone eating them alone like the op.

Thanks, missmary! This is good to know. 

Archived