Reintroduction Nightmare!

Jagbug56

I ended my first Whole 30 a week ago Sunday. I introduced one slice of bread each day from Sunday until Saturday. Saturday I had a ChickFilA sandwich and fries. I gained 6 pounds. I don't understand how that is even possible. I'm do not have the inflammation as I did before I began my Whole 30, but this is scary. I've continued my Weight Watcher membership to weigh in-I need accountability--it's just me and my Sheltie, and he doesn't care what I eat! LOL! I introduced milk/yogurt Sunday. I thought i would be allergic, all I've done is had 'burps'. Any ideas? Should I do another Whole 30, or straight to Paleo, or Weight Watchers Simple Start--the SS is all whole foods and no processed foods? I've never slept better, and my blood pressure medicine has been cut in half due to WW & then the Whole 30. My aches and pains are gone, I just have no idea what would be best for me--especially with the fast weight gain. Thanks in advance for any helpful advice/tips.

• Moderators

Okay, first, the weight -- you probably didn't gain six pounds of fat in a few days. You could easily be retaining water from all the salt in the Chick-Fil-A stuff. Weight can fluctuate several pounds over the course of a day, that doesn't mean the amount of fat on your body is changing throughout the day. 

Second, read the Reintroduction Plan. Go back to W30 eating for now, and when you've had several days of that and feel better (no more burps, no bloating, whatever) then you can do reintroductions in a way that will let you see what you're actually reacting to. The usual recommendation is to eat the reintroduced food at all three meals for one day, and then have at least two days of W30 eating before moving on to the next category. 

You might also check out this Life After Whole30 article -- at the bottom you'll find several links to other articles that you might also find interesting in considering where to go from here.

Archived