Day 5 - So tired!!!!!!

alissaks

Today I feel like I went out and partied last night, as opposed to the 8 hours (of the usual interrupted) sleep that I got.  I assume this is my body re-calibrating, cleansing, working through junk, which is causing this but it definitely has taken me by surprise.

Tonight is my first test while on the Whole30, as I am going out to dinner with my sister, before going to a show.  We're going to a nice restaurant, which I've been to before, so I feel I can manage the menu, although there definitely are no too many choices.  The saddest part is the red wine we typically enjoy together.  However, when I told her I was on this, there was no negative response, not that I really expected one but when one person is drinking, they often want someone drinking with them.  This will be my first full weekend on the Whole30, which will be my first time not having a drink on the weekend, in farther back then I can remember!

I am looking forward to making it through tonight and have discovered that club soda with fruit works wonders with my mindset on having a drink.  I drink so much plain water all day, that I need club soda to feel like I'm having something a bit special.

Anyway, my main reason for posting, was the total tiredness and brain fog that wants me to put my head down on my keyboard or lay on the floor under my desk in my office!!  This to shall pass.  I think about the 43 years it took to get me here, 30 days is nothing in the scheme of life!

I was super exhausted yesterday, which was my day 4. My brainfog was so intense that I forgot it was September. And I also emailed the wrong person to help me with a technical problem at work yesterday. I'm hoping to have a bit more brain clarity today because I need to work on some stuff for grad school. Wish me luck!

Archived