Antibiotics and loss of appetite

I'm on antibiotics for a week (this is day 5) and I'm having a few side effects, including a pretty vile taste in my mouth and loss of appetite. I know it's best to stick to the template faithfully, but I'm really having trouble wanting to eat. I'm on day 51 of my Whole60, and I've eaten very healthily with lots of vegetables and healthy fats up till now - can someone tell me what's the mimimum I need to get down for the next couple of days in order to stay technically compliant? For instance, if I don't eat anything I shouldn't, but if for one of my meals a day I just cover my protein and fat needs, perhaps with an apple added so I'm getting some carbs, is that ok? My fruit consumption has been low on the W60 and apples don't seem to be causing any spikes or sugar cravings. I know that won't be ideal, but I'd really like to make the 60!

I'd think that a protein/fat with some cooked veggies would be best in this case. Cooked are easier to digest and you can eat a greater quantity of them without feeling like you are (salads vs. sauteed greens anyone?). For carbs, you can probably go without and have no huge issues; your body can turn any food into energy; some are just easier (sugars in fruits, sweet potatoes) than others.

• Moderators

My understanding is that eating three template meals a day is what is best -- but that if you don't meet the template, you haven't technically broken your w30 as you would have if you'd eaten soy or stepped on the scale. If it's just for a few days, eat whatever w30 compliant foods you can stomach, and as soon as you feel better go back to lots of veggies, fat and protein with just the usual serving or two of fruit each day.

Good for you for sticking to this when you don't feel good. Hope you feel better soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived