Just a little trumpet call

SarahMacarthur-King

I don't usually toot my own trumpet when it comes to things like this. I am usually the most harsh critic of myself. However, this time, I think I'll take the advice on my daily Whole 30 email and do something to celebrate my mid point in the whole 30. Declaring so on this page is a free and open way of celebrating that has nothing to do with food or money, for a change.

This year has been quite a nasty one so far with lots of personal stress from both family, work and self induced. I have taken many steps to approach the stress for a holistic perspective, food being just one of them. I have been eating a paleolithic diet for 4 years now and in that time have become very lactose and gluten intolerent. As such, any spikes of dairy or gluten make me quite sick.

In such a short period of time, 15 days, I have switched from eating 5-6 meals a day (albeit paleo with lots of paleo 'treats') to 3 (what feels like massive) meals a day with no treats. I am rarely hungry. My abdomen is not tender anymore and I can fit back into most of my clothes that were getting too tight after a cold and stressful winter. I have managed to not cheat despite having proper influenza since day 3 (my whole family has it and we are still recovering). My waist has returned and the saddle bags are disappearing.

I haven't done any exercise due to the flu so am looking forward to that. My husband and I are going on a luxury wilderness retreat next week while the children are away for the school holidays with the grandparents. I have checked out the menu and it looks nice and safe. Lots of outside time and walking, some spas and plenty of rest in order.

So in short, well done me. I'm very happy with my journey so far and I'm looking forward to the end of the next 15 days and hopefully feeling a bit more recovered from this dastardly virus.

I say hurray for you too!!  :D  :D

Halfway through and you have it under control. Nice to hear your switch from paleo to whole 30 was for the most part uneventful.

If you're ill though especially with influenza, it only makes sense to recover first before getting back into exercise. I find that a cross-fit system is the best as it get's everything going and can be modified as needed.

All the best to you on your second half and beyond!!

Archived