well…that was easy! :)

thegreatswalmi

Just finished my first whole30 yesterday. I can't believe how well everything went. My wife is a bit of a wizard in the kitchen and we heartily enjoyed every meal we ate…absolutely fantastic. I've lost about 23 pounds and several inches…i had to put a belt on my shorts that barely fit a month ago. Pretty happy, and looking forward to this as a lifestyle change! my tastes have shifted so much that i sat with my dad for lunch today and loved my chopped chicken salad, without even a glance at his cheese-smothered pepperoni pizza! Thanks for this program. It's changed our lives!

Mike

That is great Mike, I have two more weeks to go, but already my taste buds have changed quite a bit too. I can now enjoy the simple, delicious flavors of vegetables without all the cheese, sauces and dressings added to them. I am also learning to focus on making nutritious meals instead of baking junk food lol.

I can see doing several Whole30's throughout the year in the future, perhaps one each season. :)

We just finished 30 days and I see no end in sight... we LOVE this - yes, like others, I may occasionally add in paleofied food item --- but overall, I think this is here to stay... and for any who are wondering if families can do this - YES YES YES - we are a family of six (kids ages, 8, 6, 3, and 7mths) and everyone is doing it. Yes, my kids have learned to eat all sorts of veg and salads and nuts, seeds and all sorts of proteins. And, combined, my husband and I lost a total of 44 pounds in the 30 days. We are all so happy!

~from Mike's wife~ :)

Ok, how did you get your kids on board? Did you have them go cold turkey? I'm fully Whole30, my wife is paleo but not quite W30, but the kids are not really there. They are gluten and dairy free, but eat more like a SAD with gluten-free, dairy-free substitutes (with fruit and veg!!). I'd really like to get them more towards paleo but it is rough going.

Archived