leahcarn FODMAP reintroduction log

leahcarn

Oct 6th, day 4 low fodmap, no symptoms

M1: scotch eggs, carrot sticks, coconut butter

M2: fritatta with pork, spinach and roast pumpkin, butternut squash, swede, carrot

M3: beef stew as for Saturday, on roast veges as for frittata.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just started the reintro process on thursday.  Legumes were first and no reaction other than I felt very lethargic late afternoon into early evening.  Took a nap and was better by 7pm.  Non gluten grains on Sunday.  Again no reaction other than it makes me crave sweets:(.  OR basically anything non compliant.  Could be psychological but will make note for future.  Back on Whole 30 for the next 3 days.  Thursday I will be reintroducing dairy.  I honestly have no desire to reintroduce all other grains. AND since i've not had any serious reactions - i may just bring back on occasion.  

leah, looking around the internet last night, I have found conflicting info about which foods are high-FODMAP and which ones aren't.

This is my favorite list I have seen so far:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrB8pbC1jJUpWQAoZyJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIyYWJzZGZ0BHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZANjYjQ2NzUwZmY0ODAxODVjNDM5NDExYWRmYmY1YTdjNgRncG9zAzUEaXQDYmluZw--?back=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.swagbucks.com%2F%3Ft%3Di%26q%3Dfodmap%2Bchart&w=736&h=1841&imgurl=media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Fb2%2F08%2Ff4%2Fb208f4d03d51d06576a9bbc068eceb83.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F141230138286528647%2F&size=269.4KB&name=FODMAPs+Table&p=fodmap+chart&oid=cb46750ff480185c439411adfbf5a7c6&fr2=&fr=&tt=FODMAPs+Table&b=0∋=144&no=5&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11g4m51g4&sigb=11cd4kf1j&sigi=12dlo9crm&sigt=10do7epac&sign=10do7epac&.crumb=wSAIeUA8YEO&hsimp=yhs-prodege_001&hspart=prodege&param1=4113362&param4=1673472330

(and that is the one I have always used).

Do you see anything on there that conflicts with whatever info you are using?

I am past my Whole 30 now, thinking about re-intros, but I just feel like I really need to get my digestive bloating under control before I put non-Whole 30 foods in the picture.  So I hope to be able to do at least a few days JUST following the "Safe" list here.  (With the exception of my 1/2 caff coffee, which I have greatly reduced but I am just not ready to cut it out completely yet.)   :rolleyes:

What are your favorite resources for FODMAP info?  Thanks!

Oct 7, low fodmap day 5, no symptoms

M1: scotch eggs, carrot sticks, coconut butter

M2: fritatta as for yesterday

M3: meatloaf with eggs, coconut aminos, basil and ginger, orange sweet potato, and REINTRODUCTION cauliflower roasted with paprika and cocoa

Snack: chocolate maple fudge

In true leahcarn fashion, I got a little bit of bloating last night and I don't know if it was sweet potato or cauliflower. I have leftover sweet potato, so if im bloated when I eat that, that was obviously the problem, right.... ???

Probably.  But I say that because I have a very noticeable reaction to sweet potato.  However, I have not tested that on a low-FODMAP day.  So, it could have easily been the combination of sweet potato + other FODMAPs that sent me over the edge.  Could have been a combo of the two for you, also.  Aren't I helpful?!   :rolleyes:   Good luck figuring it out!  

This was barely noticable, I really think orange sweet potato is better for me than the purple. Cauliflower will be worth it a lot of the time for me, just maybe not the night before I'm going somewhere I want to look my best lol

Gave myself permission to eat whatever I liked today, I was mentally exhausted and needed a break. Ended up wuth 3 compliant meals, and had a banana, some coconut milk, and caahew butter as snacks. So outrageous ;)

Counting tomorrow as low fodmap day 1 again, I have meals prepped, and its the start of the work week so routine is easier

Oct 13. Day 1 low fodmap. A little bloating, but firm stool, which was a surprise. The bloating has got better through the day. Overall the symptoms from my off roading were less than expected, maybe my body is healing

M1: scotch egg with carrot sticks and coconut butter

M2: beef cheek, pumpkin, carrot, swede and spinach frittata

M3: paleo meatloaf, spinach, carrot and parsnip

PostWO: still to go (tuna and kumara)

Gave myself permission to eat whatever I liked today, I was mentally exhausted and needed a break. Ended up wuth 3 compliant meals, and had a banana, some coconut milk, and caahew butter as snacks. So outrageous ;)

Counting tomorrow as low fodmap day 1 again, I have meals prepped, and its the start of the work week so routine is easier

Which were you expecting to be symptomatic? It's great that you gave yourself full permission to eat whatever, and still ended up eating compliant meals and snacks (maybe not AIP, but hardly a major faceplant into a tub of goody gum drops ice cream!)

Oct 14, day 2 low fodmap. Loose stool. I forgot gluten always hits me just when I think I've gotten away with it.

M2: beef cheek, pumpkin, carrot, swede and spinach frittata

M3: paleo meatloaf, spinach, carrot and kumara

Feeling uninspired, but the food will at least give me energy

Oct 15, bloating decreased today, hopefully this is a good sign for the rest of my symptoms. Low fodmap day 3, I'm so awesome. Really craving some nuts, I think my next introduction will be different nut butters for breakfast

M2: going out for lunch with coworkers, I have researched compliant restaurant options and will ring them about what's in their salad this morning

M2: salmon, poached eggs, lettuce, carrot, olives, 1/2 c fruit juice (thought it was orange and mango but turned out to be mostly apple, that will teach me to read labels.) Low fodmap day 0 =(

M3: Chicken and zucchini poppers, swede chips, silverbeet

Oct 16, day 1 low fodmap. Loose stool and gas, Damn you gluten!

Today will be another hard one as my work team are doing a cider tasting after work (apples are one of my worst fodmap reactions) and there's one guy who knows I'm paleo, and keeps asking why im not eating various things. I'm not sure if hes actually interested or just making conversation, but I'm not comfortable with the way he brings it up in front of everyone, and may have to tell him so.

Day 16 continued

M2: Frittata as per the rest of the week

I absolutley rocked the cider tasting, somebody bought a bottle of home made elderflower wine so I nursed half a glass of that through the event, and acted wonderfully social. The guy didn't say anything about it.

M3: Chicken and zuchinni poppers, a carrot, and mashed kumara in ghee

Archived