leahcarn FODMAP reintroduction log

leahcarn

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 Jan: small amount of bloating, very loose stool. I did have capsicums for dinner yesterday, I've only seen them on one fodmap list, and monash classes them as low fodmap.... I'll eliminate for now anyway and reintro later

Whole30, leftover capsicums for lunch, apricot with dinner

I've decided to restart and go low-FODMAP. I contemplated doing a whole60 and making it low fodmap from here on out, but I think I would feel like that was cheating. I had hoped to continue fodmap reintroductions through this whole30 while focussing on added sugar and cutting snacking, but I'm not being strict enough and my body isn't healing.
Here's to day 1

24 Jan, moderate bloating, loose stool, gas, stomach cramps after dinner

Low fodmap whole30 day 3.

If this keeps up i want fish and chips and ice cream, its not like it could make me feel much worse.

Dinner was bbq at my sisters. Turns out I had eaten food which had touched chicken fillets with carrageenan in it. Please tell me I'm not this sensitive :(

I've done 2 whole30s before this one, so I'm not a complete newbie. I finished this whole30 2 days ago (and messed up my fodmap attempt). My results this whole30 were pretty underwhelming. I don't feel any better, I am slightly improved at telling the difference between hungry and snackity, but that's about it. My fodmap symptoms seem to be taking yonks to clear up, and i don't have the mental fortitude to see that through right now. Much to my apprehension, I plan to take a break from the forum, and from thinking about food, and just relax and work on some of the non food factors of wellness. (i took an apricot rather than a banana from my friends fruit bowl today, living dangerously!). Thank you all for your help, ill see you when I return!

Archived