leahcarn FODMAP reintroduction log

leahcarn

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M2 (11am): lamb heart, tomatoes, sweet potato, potato, bacon

M3 (12pm): frittata as for yesterday.

I ate early as I got back from doing groceries absolutely famished, then I was hungry again at lunchtime! My body is happy now though

Nov 1, day 4 low fodmap. Less bloating again, loose stool

M1: scotch egg with carrot sticks and coconut butter

M2: frittata as for yesterday

M3: campfire baked potatoes, tomato and zucchini kebabs, tinned salmon, campfire baked banana

Nov 2, day 5 low fodmap. Minimal bloating. No symptom day 1.

M1: scotch egg with carrot sticks and coconut butter, carrot and lettuce

M2: beef, tomato, capsicum, zucchini, kumara Ugly meal leftovers

M3: lamb heart, bacon, tomato sweet potato leftovers, carrot, potato, silverbeet.

From Meal 2 yesterday to meal 2 today, I was camping with a group of girl guides, so I'm really proud of myself for resisting all the baking, the pancakes, sausages... etc etc etc. Go me!

Nov 4, day 1 low fodmap. Well that was interesting. No bloating or anything all day, until I tested the coconut butter I made last night. Tiny bit of loose stool this morning, though less bloating now. Wait and see i guess.

M1: scotch egg, carrot sticks, coconut butter

Nov 5, day 2 low fodmap, no symptoms. I've had a similarly inconclusive test for cashews before so I'm calling it a yes in moderation, and I'll overdose another day (paleo cheesecake anyone?)

M1: scotch egg, carrot sticks, coconut butter

M2: out for lunch. Ordered grilled fish and it came out floured. Second time lucky. Blue cod, lettuce, salad dressing, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli. Feeling bloated now, I suspect it's broccoli, because cauliflower only gave me slight bloating, and I ate a lot more when I reintroduced it than I did today (but it was roasted rather than steamed....)

Pah! Sick of this again, I was so happy this morning and looking forward to more reintroductions, now I'm just over it again

Snack: boiled egg and banana

M3: Hubby bought thai for tea - rice, chicken, carrot, coriander, and FODMAPs: cabbage, and trace amounts of onion (I tried to pick it out)

If by some miracle I am symptom-free tomorrow, that will be the ok for cabbage and broccoli, but I don't think I will be. My gut has been churning since lunchtime, and I've been feeling quite gassy and nauseous. I don't know if it was trace amounts of gluten, or something else, but I won't be eating at that lunch time restaurant again  :(

Back into recovery mode (again)

Archived