New here...recommitment to health :)

happymama2

Hi there-

I'm new here and on Day 1 of my Whole 30.  Very excited.  I have actually had success in the past with getting healthier and losing weight.  I lost 101 pounds in 11 monhts in 2012 by eating healthy and exercising LOTS.  It took me 3 months after that to lose 10 more pounds, and then the weight started to creep back on thanks to exercising less and eating more of the bad stuff.  Currently up 40  pounds.  :( 

BUT - I am ready to recommit and get back to health.  I want to make this about total health more than just weight.  I need to regain the balance in my life and am happy to be starting this journey.

Good for you.

Can I recommend that this time you don't exercise so much you have to refer to it in caps :) - overtraining is a stress on the body (ie. not so healthy), and you'll end up doing yourself a disservice if you're smashing yourself in the gym ALL. THE. TIME.

Hi,

I'm also very new... Mid morning. Of day 3 as I write this.

Weight loss is a big part of why I've started this but even more than that is the chance to get my body healthy how it should be before i started poisoning it with sugar etc.

I don't want diabetes and heart disease to ruin my life in the future.

I don't think this will be easy but it's certainly not a hardship to eat all the lovely things that are compliant. On my days off I'm gonna spend my afternoons out of the house(or nap) as this is my weakest time and when I'm most prone to mindless snacking. I know I struggle to resist so in gonna change my routine to exclude the tempting times.

Hello!

Lexybelle, that is a good idea to nap or get out of the house... my temptation always creeps in around 4-5pm and for the past 3 days, I just get on this site or drink lots of green tea and also kombucha that seems to curb my mindless snacking for now.  We can definitely kick the bad habit of mindless snacking once and for all!  We can do it!

@meili I love a nap, I frequently nap, but now I'll have an hour during temptation window 3-5, or since I noticed today it's feeling a little cooler outside ( I live in Abu Dhabi) I might go to the pool and have a swim or sunbathing nap instead.

I'm all in favour of anything that breaks bad habit.

Archived