best foods for a down day

nydebs

hi- had a rough night not much sleep lots of bathroom time, this is day 19 for me and I understand when toxins come out its not going to be a pleasant feeling ,My stomach is tender, ive just been sipping on some tea so far today- food i have available is steak ,shrimp. salmon , eggs, carrots, onions , beets,cabbage, white and sweet potatoes, celery,green beans, canned tomatoes, avacado, apples, oranges and a mango. I have chicken stock and was thinking soup but not sure about tomatoes.  I guess my real question is if none of this really appeals to me right now is it ok to take a day off from eating?   thanks.

oops just read the answer on the fasting thread about skipping meals. I have had good results and this is really the first day I feel this bad , but I dont want to get in the way of progress.- so any suggestions on the best things to eat when youre not feeling so good? I could go to the store if I had to,

• Moderators

Make your soup without the tomatoes -- it should still be okay, just different. If you're making more than one serving, like it's something you were going to make for the week anyway, you can always go back and add the tomatoes later if you feel like it needs it. 

For protein, I'd probably stick to eggs, either scrambled, or you could bring your serving of soup just to a boil and drop in a couple of beaten eggs so that they cook in the soup. I'm not sure I'd feel like beef or salmon or shrimp if I already wasn't feeling so great.

Hope you feel better soon.

Archived