Carb curve while pregnant?

Question On using the carb curve while pregnant. I am newly pregnant, and about 20-30lbs overweight. I am following an overall lifting program along with 4 days of yoga. If I look at the carb curve I fall into the not necessary level, but I am wondering if that is different now that I am pregnant. I am so "afraid" of starchy carbs because I really don't want to gain a ton of weight, but don't want to burn out either. I would love any thoughts- thanks!!!!

I don't know how far along you are, but once nausea hit me I was ALL ABOUT THE CARBS. You can still have a healthy pregnancy, all the sweet potatoes and root vegetables in the world won't ruin that. As long as you don't eat a ton of crap (meaning fancy coffee drinks, donuts  and candy for example), your weight gain will still be in the healthy range. I gained around 25 pounds both pregnancies and lost it easily. Some weeks of pregnancy will just be about survival, to be honest.

I don't know what the carb curve is (sorry!) but I just wanted to check in and say that I am newly pregnant and doing round 2. I am overweight, but I am eating W30 just because I feel so less sick if I do. I can't imagine having any pregnancy sickness on top of how I feel when I eat gluten, etc.  

Congrats on the pregnancy!

Thank you both so much for your comments, I greatly appreciate them.  Congrats to you Ladycop79! Luckily the nausea has not hit yet but I am guessing about 2 weeks.  I am hoping eating whole30 will help with that as I really struggled with my first pregnancy and ended up eating tons of crap food (I think I lived on pizza my first trimester!) thus gaining 70lbs on a 5'3" frame.  I lost it all but have put almost 20 back on that I was trying to take off before becoming pregnant, but alas...

I think I have finally wrapped my head around just going Whole30 and eating the starchy carbs if I want them along with some fruit and letting what happens, happen.  I may start by eating something after I workout, be it a HB egg or something and saving my starchy carbs for dinner/before yoga to help me sleep.

And I know that even with starchy carbs I have lost weight on a whole30, so I can still keep it all in check with starchy carbs as long as I keep the fat up with olives and avocados.

Thanks so much again! 

I gained 60 pounds with both my first pregnancies, and it was carbs carbs carbs all the time to try to keep the nasuea at bay. We are talking about pasta at 6:30 am beause I couldn't function.

I'm only 5 and half weeks right now, so I am not in the throws of morning sickness yet, but this time around I am going to try to see if I can use protein to stop the naseau instead of carbs. I am in the middle of my first whole 30 (started before I knew I was pregnant) and it's going well, so I would like to stick closely to it as I continue through my pregnancy. I will be talking to my dr. to see what she thinks.

Archived