350 Lbs. First Whole 30

Ninalia

I can probably loose weight on my own: I can loose 10 lbs (very quickly), I can loose 100 lbs (did it twice before), I could even loose 200 lbs (what I need to loose now). The problem is KEEPING IT OFF. My lowest (170 lbs 5 yrs ago) lasted for a second and in a blink of an eye the nightmarish distorted image on car windows became reality once again. I have to approach this from a different angle: whole 30 is NOT a term diet which concludes in a celebratory binge. Whole 30 is a training program for the rest of my life.

• Moderators

Whole 30 is a training program for the rest of my life.

I love how you said this!

Part of your training involves learning to eat at least three meals per day composed of appropriate portions of protein, veggies, and fat. You chose a good protein and good veggies. The pork probably included enough fat. You have to work on number of meals and probably composition of your plate. That is where our meal template is important:

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Day 2

Thank you all for your postings. There are valuable on many levels: informational, inspirational and emotional. Today I was hungry, but I'am ok now, a couple of hours after a delicious lunch. I had the pork roast leftovers "fajitaised" and a large tomato.

Day 4

The day went by pretty quickly. I was too tired last night to make an entry, so here I am, 4 am...not so bright eyed Lol. I was a little frustrated yesterday with the food choice (pork butt again, I got a couple 'cause I love the high fat content); I had to remind myself that even if I eat pork "forever", I still have many more choices than ordering by numbers

Ninalia- Welcome! It sounds like you are coming at this with a great attitude, and I want you to feel good and see results. For that reason, I want you to know that the  key to success on the whole30 is following the meal template. Study this carefully: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

"The rest of your plate filled with vegetables" means 2-3 cups of veggies, more if it's leafy greens. It might take time to get used to eating this volume of veggies, but it will change everything. Trust me on this. Eat the veggies and protein and fat at all three meals. Giving your body this density of nutrients consistently is a game changer. Not being hungry between meals will let you know you are eating enough nutrient dense food. If you have trouble eating enough at meals to avoid hunger in between, have smaller "mini-meals" of the same foods instead of snacking on grapes or fruit or nuts.

Day 5

Thank you for the suggestions. I eat a lot, I eat more than the "full plate"....i eat until I am full. My goal right now is to eat only the whole 30 allowed foods. Tonight I had grilled veal with almost 1/2 steamed, cold cauliflower with some vinegar. I was still hungry so I got some more cauliflower with a large tomato, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and some sunflower seeds (purchased raw, toasted at home). Now I am full and content. 5 Days ago I Was 350.6 Lbs; eating so much I probably didn't loose much (or I did? I will find out at the end of these 30 days). I will focus on weight loss at a later time. Right now, I just don't want to binge and pass out anymore.... i am tired of spending my life in bed.

ok, that's good, but when your vegetable is, for example pickles, are you eating this kind of quantity? Don't worry about weight loss in the slightest, give yourself enough food that you are content right after meals and continue to be content up until the next one. Never Hungry. If you are hungry (which you said you were above) then take a look at the protein and fat for the previous meal. A palm size- or two- of protein, and a thumb-size or two of fat is important. ok?

Archived