full bladder 3 times in one night!!

samantha1237

Day 9, getting there...alert through the day-yey!

Read on Whole9/30 that caffeine interupts sleep so although coffee is allowed I have cut back and decided not to drink it after midday. I thought maybe this was interupting my sleep as I don't ususally sleep right through.

Well, the last two nights I have had to use the toilet 3 times! with a full bladder!

What is that about?!

My theory : this is pretty much a detox and my body is expelling all the nasties but at the wrong time of the day (in the day would be nice).

I've checked througn pages of this forum and can't find anyone else mentioning this, anyone out there know what I'm on about? experienced?

When you consume a lot of stuff that your body doesn't like, it holds onto extra water in an attempt to dilute it. When the irritating food is gone, your body has a reason to drop all that extra water. I find that a week or two into a Whole 30, my bathroom trips increase for a few days. Take it as a sign your body is starting to enjoy the good food you're putting in it!

• Administrators

Thanks Karen! I thought I was crazy as I experienced this in Week Two but not Week One.  So weird!  I had chalked myself up to never sleeping through the night again....and then it basically stopped at the beginning of Week Three.

Strange theory...but accurate!

Your body does its healing when you are asleep... Including balancing out fluid retention I expect.

But Also, changing diet disrupts your hormone balance. When everything is balanced and you are healthy signals are sent to your kidneys to stop urine production at night. But if you are detoxing or healing the messages don't get through properly.

Yes, no more full bladder at all. I slept through until 5am this morning before needing to use the bathroom.

I'm 46 and have looked into pelvic floor workouts that should sort me out too for that, but until that form of exercise kicks in, my sleep is so much better and I'm so refreshed in the morning, love it!

I'm on day 10 and still getting up 2-3 times a night having to pee. That's okay though... I'm feeling so much less bloated, pants are fitting better, friends are saying my face looks thinner, and my energy is through the roof yesterday and today. I'm not missing the sleep now :) I think it's from an increase in water intake as well as my body letting go of toxins. Either way I'm happy!

Thanks Karen! I thought I was crazy as I experienced this in Week Two but not Week One.  So weird!  I had chalked myself up to never sleeping through the night again....and then it basically stopped at the beginning of Week Three.

Strange theory...but accurate!

Funny.  I just told myself through the night: "I guess that I will never ever ever be able to sleep through a whole night ever again."  Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed (Day 21 here).

• Administrators

Tinman57...good luck with the sleeping!  I notice that if I'm feeling under the weather or hit with a migraine or when I have my period, the nightly peeing crops up again....and as soon as everything is back feeling good and under control...it stops.

Those damn hormones!  LOL!

Archived