I am craving potato chips.....a whole bag!

alissaks

I am on Day 10 and haven't had much issue with staying compliant...until today.  It is 11 am and I had a good breakfast (eggs, sweet potatoes, bacon and coffee) at my usual 7:30am but I am obsessing with the fact that I really want to eat a whole bag of potato chips.  I even think of it that way.  Not that I want some, I want the whole bag.

I had plenty of sleep last night but woke up tired and feel really tired right now.  I know this shall pass and I won't break down and eat chips but I'm already thinking that is the first thing I will eat when the 30 days is over.  I hope this is just a moment in time that will not stick around.

Guest WholeStanley

I promise it doesn't stick around - just get through today, one thing i always do when im craving non compliant food is cook myself up a really/special compliant dinner that will be really satisfying and take my mind off my craving - also as you are craving potato chips you might wanna make sure you salt your food?

when i wake up really tired its often a sign i ate too late the night before or it happens when i eat off plan - what did you have for dinner yesterday?? 

Thanks, I will probably add double the salt to my lunch!   :o   I didn't eat off plan and ate at 6:30, which is a typical time.  I had kung pao chicken from a paleo site and sauteed brussel sprouts with bacon.  I wasn't particularly excited about my dinner, which stinks.  I have always enjoyed cooking but I think I'm doing too much and need to follow advice that I've seen others given, which is to do big cook ups over the weekend and add things together throughout the week.

Not sure why I'm so sleepy though.  Nothing has changed, other than a bit more exercise.  

Guest WholeStanley

yeah i swing between just having really simple meals when i am tired of cooking, or really elaborate meals when i need something more exciting - although i have to admit i only really follow a 'whole30 recipe' once every couple of weeks if that - you just have to pitch it at what ever will suit you each week. 

I usually start craving things like a bag of chips when I feel discontent with the food choices I've been making which might explain where you are this morning if your dinner last night didn't thrill you. It is a psychological response - "I wasn't satisfied therefore I deserve a treat". Fight through it!

One thing of note, I sometimes find that the earlier in the day I have my starches the more tired I am. I know this is different person to person. I usually focus on dark leafy greens for my first meal and get starches in my second or third meal depending on when I work out that day. Just something to consider. Of course day 10 puts you in the hardest days on the timeline so it could just be that. 

Archived