Nauseous and No Appetite

estrock

It's Day 10 of my Whole30 journey and I've been feeling nauseous off and on since Sunday. Today it was really unbearable to the point where I really thought I was going to throw up. 

Just to give you an idea of what I've been eating: 

Sunday: late breakfast (since I woke up late) of eggs and mushroom. Started feeling nauseous around 4 or 5. Ate some carrots. egg foo young pancakes and kale for dinner. 

Monday: egg casserole with mushroom, chicken and an avocado for breakfast. Felt really nauseous around 12 - 2. Finally realized I really should try and eat but nothing sounded good. I got a smoothie with ginger in it and had a small salad with turkey and olives. Egg foo young leftover with kale for dinner. 

Tuesday: Egg foo young leftovers.  Olives, carrots and chicken salad with arugula for lunch. Sweet potato and arugula with a mayo based dressing for dinner. Didn't feel nauseous today (at least that I remember). 

Wednesday: Four eggs and an avocado for breakfast around 9. Started to feel unbearably nauseous around 12:30. 

What could be causing this? And what can I do to remedy it? I took some tums (don't know if that was a bad idea) but all I want to do is eat saltine's and drink gingerale. 

....probably worth mentioning that I'm definitely not pregnant, haha. 

Is there anything you have been eating more of since starting your Whole30 than before? Some people have sensitivities to compliant foods. It is possible you are getting sick or ate something that was off.

Tums are going to be all sorts of non-compliant and anti-acids really do more harm than help to your digestive system.

The two things that strike me as coinciding with the nausea that you didn't have on the non-nausea day are mushrooms and avocados. Maybe try leaving those out for a few days and see if it helps.

I had this same problem during my first Whole30.  I found that having some foods higher in starch (I did a lot more of sweet potato) helped keep me satiated and my stomach calm.  I don't know if that will help, I struggled a lot with lack of hunger and nausea after I had food poisoning.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I didn't mention this but the one thing that I had in common on all the days I felt nauseous was homemade iced tea. I stopped drinking it and the nausea went away. Maybe that had something to do with it? Or it could just be a coincidence. Either way, I'm happy it's gone! 

Archived