Day 18 Cravings

MyssLyss

I'm on Day 18 of my first Whole30 and I am battling through my second day of cravings. I can't stop day dreaming about cookies, cakes, ice cream, potato chips, etc. It has gotten to the point that I am texting my cravings to people so they don't stay bottled up and destroy my Whole30. Today's cravings are accompanied by a headache that just will not quit!

I thought this phase was supposed to have passed by now? I did not experience any of these feelings during my first week.  :unsure:  :angry:

• Moderators

It's actually pretty normal to have a lot of cravings toward the middle of the program.  Check out the timeline for more information -- basically it's your brain's last ditch effort to get you to go back to the old, comfortable way of eating, with lots of easy to use carbohydrates for energy.

I'm on day 10 and had my first real cravings today for potato chips.  Man, I love potato chips and all things salty.  I also have had a headache, so interesting that you mention that too.  Not sure what that has to do with all this but cravings and headaches are no fun!

Archived