Whole 30 Starting 24/09/14

wholedlyon

Morning guys, so glad today is here. I feel so good and relieved to be getting back to the challenge. I weighed in and I am having my coffee now. Just getting a sense of control back is such a good feeling. Good luck to everyone. Will check in soon.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning

David where are you?

Glad to hear you girls survived the holidays. We made it home Wednesday night about 11:30. Long drive. I got up Thursday morning and weighed in expecting to have gained a few pounds. I didn't gain ANY!! I was so shocked!! Didn't eat that great but not super bad. The worst was pizza, twice. I bloated from all the cheese. Starting over today with my last whole30 then on to Paleo. The wedding is in a month so hopefully I can loose at least 10 more pounds before then.

Well off to running some errands and cleaning house(taking down tree). Check back in later.

dawn - how awesome for you ... you must be proud of yourself - as you should be !  it is always harder to eat compliant when you are on the road...!

So - I wanted to tell ya I made the Mulligatawny stew from well fed 2 - and it was great !  You must try it  !  Easy - quick recipe -  even though it said to cook it 45 mins.. I cooked it for only 30 and it was fine.. I just made sure the chicken was cooked.  I also didn't make as big of a batch cuz I only had 4 chicken thighs.   It will be on my Quick meals list for sure.   (I'm sure you could even use left over chicken too - would have to cook the veggies til almost done before adding the chicken.)

Today  M1 was skimpy - 2 fried eggs on spinach and an avocado
M2 was Asian meatballs and asparagus
M3 was the stew

Tomorrow I am meeting a friend for breakfast, so I am going to ask that nothing be cooked in butter.. we will see.

I have Mr little man tomorrow night - so will have to make sure we have food for him and food for me.

Good afternoon everyone -  Last night I had little man - went out for breakfast with a friend - had an ok breakfast - no veggies really

Was running errands and caught myself wondering in the gas station, looking at the soda case...   Man - an ice cold coke was 'looking' good.  but I moved on- they didn't have anything that I could drink.    Then I stopped to get a starbucks for my daughter as a treat, and again - was being tempted... a white chocolate mocha was 'looking' pretty good.

Made it home without eating or drinking anything that I should not have... Made a huge salad for dinner.

Today

M1 was 3 fried eggs and sw potatoes
M2  was left over stew w/ some added sw potatoes cuz there wasn't many carrots left.
m3 will be stew or meatballs and some sw potatoe soup.

I had to add more sw potatoes to the soup and a little more chicken stock - it is now just perfect.  Currently cooking on the stove top is stew, will be making a batch of Asian meatballs.  I made Brooke shephards pie and tater tot casserole.

Tomorrow is my first late night - and also have to do 1 hr of OT as well.. so tomorrow is a 10 hr day and I am not looking forward to it all.

David - I hope that you are ok - maybe you decided that it was just time to move on and ride your own bike....  Either way - I miss your posts and sincerely hope that you are good.

Will check in later and see if anyone has posted.

T

Hey everyone

Talked to David this morning. He said he would post tomorrow.

Doing pretty good today. Trying to stay out of trouble with food. Hubby leaves tomorrow for another hunting trip. Will be gone till Saturday night. That means on my own for food for a week. Thinking I'll make a pot of veggie soup adding some meat to it. Maybe chicken one night then beef another. Just wanting to be a little lazy while he's gone. Gonna try and make a wedding bouquet for my daughter. Wish me luck. Haven't done that in a very long time. I also need to get back on the treadmill and get a routine again. Gonna hit it tonight for awhile. No time like today!

Well off to do some chores. Check back in later.

Hello Dawn, Tina and Lisa

It’s been a while and I apologise for that.

Was feeling pretty run down when I finished for Christmas, a mixture of the stress of work, holiday preparations and seasonal viruses going around. I jumped off the wagon in and fell into the binging/ comfort eating slump.

The result is a put on a heck of a lot of weight through December. I’m up to 327 lbs now which is heavier than when we started back in august. It’s where I am just now and only I can change that.

I’m kicking off my whole 30 today. I imagine it will be difficult being my first day back at work and the first day back on track too. I didn’t get as much prep done as I’d like yesterday, the kitchen was out of bounds while my wife did her cake decorating.

New Year, new opportunities and I feel obligated to get back into eating healthily and taking more control of what I eat.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday period and enjoyed yourself without doing too much damage.

I’m back in the game.

We Can Do This

David

Hi gang, David so glad you checked in. Feels like old times with all of us back on the board. I've been doing good, hoping to get a little under my lowest weight this month. I already feel emotional better just having a plan back in the works. Looking forward to keeping up with you all.

Good Morning Day 2

How are you all feeling today?

I woke up this morning feeling like I’d been hit by a freight train.

I’ve definitely entered the hangover phase and based on everything I’ve eaten previously, or should that be based on eating everything, this will be rough.

Cooked up a batch of Lamb Donner Burgers from Well Fed 2 last night which tasted great and having the remainder for breakfast today Looking to try something different for breakfast, I think I bored myself of breakfast bakes before Christmas.

Dawn, how’s the wedding bouquet coming along? I hope the treadmill was nice to you too. Exciting times with the wedding approaching.

Lisa, how are you getting on?

Tina, it’s good to be back.

I know from the last few months of last year, I did a lot better when I was active on the forum and I intend to keep this up to help us all become healthier in the New Year.

Hope you all have a great day.

We Can Do This!

David

Good Morning Day 2

How are you all feeling today?

I woke up this morning feeling like I’d been hit by a freight train.

I’ve definitely entered the hangover phase and based on everything I’ve eaten previously, or should that be based on eating everything, this will be rough.

Cooked up a batch of Lamb Donner Burgers from Well Fed 2 last night which tasted great and having the remainder for breakfast today Looking to try something different for breakfast, I think I bored myself of breakfast bakes before Christmas.

Dawn, how’s the wedding bouquet coming along? I hope the treadmill was nice to you too. Exciting times with the wedding approaching.

Lisa, how are you getting on?

Tina, it’s good to be back.

I know from the last few months of last year, I did a lot better when I was active on the forum and I intend to keep this up to help us all become healthier in the New Year.

We Can Do This!

David

Good morning everyone,  Feeling good this morning.  Last night I fixed cracklin chicken with zucchini noodles and a salad.  It was really good.  Today I'm going to make a batch of salmon salad which will give me 3 servings but I haven't figured out  what to fix for dinner. 

David I'm with you on keeping in touch.  I really get a lot of motivation from having all of you guys input.  I probably check our board five times a day to see if anyone has posted.  I am really glad you are back. 

Dawn and Tina hope your day goes good.  Will check back soon. 

Morning everyone.

Just a thought, how long are we gonna stay together? I have David and Lisa now on my Facebook so we can always stay in touch. What about you Tina? Do you have a Facebook? I also check my email several times a day looking to see if anyone posted. If everyone has a Facebook act we could set up a private group page and start posting there. What does everyone think? I know I really don't want to loose touch with any of you during this long journey of loosing weight. I need all the support I can get.

I went ahead and created the closed group for us. We can use it or not. I sent out invites to everyone but I need your Facebook information Tina. It's a closed group so only we can see what's posted. If Tina doesn't have Facebook then we will continue to post here. I just thought that with everyone having smartphones and Facebook apps we could stay in touch easier. I've used this closed group page before and it's really easy. Just let me know

I'm doing pretty good since I got home from Christmas vacation. I have lost 4lbs since coming home. I just hope I can keep it up. 6lbs to go to reach what I expected to loose before the wedding but I would love to loose 20. I just have to stay focused.

Good Morning Day 3

I hope you all had a good day yesterday.

I’m still in the midst of the hangover phase. Feel like I have the flu, however I know this is part of the journey and I’ll emerge from it in time.

I made some Old Italian Meat Sauce from Well Fed 2 last night. It will be good for lunches at work and loaded it with leaks and celery too to bulk up the vegetable content.

I’m feeling better than yesterday but still not great. Trying to get back into a normal morning routine is difficult.

Lisa, I need to try the Cracklin chicken again, I normally cook chicken thighs in the oven and they still get a nice crispy skin but will try some different ways of having them.

I need to review the recipe books again to get some new ideas for this whole 30.

Dawn, thanks for setting up the Facebook group. It’ll be good to keep in touch that way too. We can all help motivate each other throughout our journeys.

Congratulations on the weight loss so far this year and I hope you continue to see the results you want. It looks like Lisa and yourself are getting close to your goals, well done.

Tina, I’ve made the friend request on Facebook, I’m David Lyon. How are you doing?

We Can Do This!

David

Hello Day 4

Feeling a bit of an improvement today and the clothes are feeling a little more comfortable than at the beginning of the week.

I woke up this morning expecting to have a headache or some negative feeling but my head was clear. I felt like I had a decent sleep and could have slept a little longer, if only I didn’t have to go to work.

Not getting the recommended sleep hours yet, struggling to get to sleep at night but I think this was due to steadily staying up later over the festive period. Something to work on as we progress through the whole 30.

Got some great comments yesterday about how nice my lunch smelled. Unfortunately for them It wasn’t from the canteen, it was all mine!

Ate some fruit yesterday with my meals and felt they could be a food without breaks. When I finished an apple , I immediately thought I needed another. I need to be careful with fruit, I wouldn’t want that to be a cause of going off plan.

How are you all doing?

Hope you have a great day.

We Can Do This!

David

David - I have also noticed that after eating fruit - I have more cravings... the first  30 I did not have any fruit - at all... and this time almost every day I feel the need to have something.  so I decided that I have to back off the fruit and increase my portions and/or add more fat so that my meals are satisfying me fully.

We will have to compare notes...

Off to get ready for work -  Have a good one  will check in later

Good Morning Day 5

Its wet and windy outside but I’m feeling a lot better inside. Still feeling the congestion of the crb flu but overall feeling better with each day.

Its meal plan and shopping day. I do need to get more vegetables into my meals and intend to do so this week. I was caught rather unprepared this week but will have a much better plan in motion for next week.

Tina, I agree that larger portions at meal time may help, I’ve certainly been a little low on the vegetables the past few days. Looking to increase the veg quotient and hopefully see greater satiety and less of a requirement for fruit.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

We Can Do This

David

David - the soup is positively yummy for breakfast - thanks so much for sharing that - I have been eating it every day - and actually have only eaten eggs twice this week.

The zucchini soup is on my list to make next.

M1 and 2 today are the sw potato soup and Asian meatballs.  Tonight - ???   have to also stop and get some protein for tonight.  I have spaghetti squash and butternut squash waiting to be cooked up.

I hoipe that day goes well. 

Hello Day 8

As usual, forgot to check in over the weekend. When the days are little less structured I tend not to check the forum or the fb pages.

Had a quiet but nice weekend and spent yesterday afternoon doing my cookout so I hopefully have minimal cooking to do during the week.

I’m starting to feel better and definitely less bloated than I did in week 1. Still feeling a bit congested and apparently my snoring could wake the dead, something I’m sure will clear up in time.

Tina, the soup is a great change from the conventional breakfast fare. What I think is great about the whole 30 is you are encouraged to eat differently for breakfast to break the cereal and toast dogma. I know my mother cannot contemplate a morning without cereal, that’s 50 plus years of marketing for you.

Hope you had a great weekend, I’ll check in on the facebook group tonight too.

We Can Do This!

David

Hi David -  I think everyone else is on the FB page ....  I need to get the ingredients for the silky zucchini soup - that is on my list for today

Will be a busy day for me -  suppose to be off but am in for 2 hrs of OT,  then will be back later today for mentoring w/ the claims area and then out for dinner.

I'm glad that you are feeling better - 1 day at a time !

Archived