Kill. All. The. Things. : Yelled at my eggs this morning!

kittygogo

Woke up today to Day 5 of my very first Whole30 not feeling anything in particular. Got in my weight training workout to let out some steam and then while making my scrambled eggs, it hit me! The eggs actually dared to not land in the dish I was putting them in so I yelled at them! LOL Then my poor hubby gets up and he had to feel my wrath as well...good thing he loves me! Anyway, up until now I haven't had any major "symptoms" of withdrawing from all the crappy food I was eating before - peanut butter, bread, peanut butter, sugar, bread, sugar, cheese, dairy and also some sugar! LOL 

Today I am feeling very stuffy in the head/sinuses, I have a headache, I am bloated and of course...a little angry and irritated. I know this is all normal (I HOPE!!) and it is making me realize how much crap I ate before even when I thought I wasn't doing so bad. I am a self proclaimed sugar addict and the sugar dragon had me in his talons for a long, long time and he wasn't letting go. In the past 4 days, my relationship with food is changing and I can see the patterns of eating I had before. Emotional eating, eating when I wasn't hungry (but really, I was hungry ALL the time) and not taking the time to prepare good meals for myself. I wasn't much of a meat/fats eater before Whole30 but I am finding it fills me up MUCH more than all the stuff I was eating before. I have followed the meal template to a "T" and have found it works for me. 

I am excited for this journey. I have struggled with weight most of my life (I'm 40 something) and with food. I know A LOT about nutrition and food, but had a hard time applying it because of the addiction to food/sugar. I know this is going to be life changing for me.... :) 

PS I promise I'll be nice to my eggs when I eat them today!!! LOL 

This made me laugh. And yes, it's "normal". I'm on Day 32 today of my fourth W30. Usually I've had the "kill all the things" day like clockwork on day 5 and 6. This time I thought I made it past without that phase, but it snuck up all stealthy like on Day 8 I think. A lot like your day, I woke feeling alright with the world but as soon as I hit a snag, I was like "the universe is evil and hates me and I hate the universe". Fortunately it passed without too much damage.

I am so excited for you and your W30. Keeping a log (on this forum or in a notebook) will really help you if you're working with a great knowledge base but still struggling due to sugar issues and likely stress triggers. I go back and read some of my old logs to try to figure out where I can keep improving.

Hope you were sweet to your eggs ;)

I was nice to my eggs...I offered an apology before they went into my mouth and then into my belly! LOL Feeling less agitated now, which is good.

Thanks for the idea to keep a log, heading to the store for a notebook on my lunch break! :) I know this isn't a quick fix and it will be a long journey and hard work to undo years and years of bad habits and sugar demons. I finally feel like I'm on the right track and it feels good to actually work on something for once instead of just thinking and talking about it. 

I totally agree, about feeling good when you start walking the walk instead of just talking the talk. I find myself falling back at times, into old habits where I talk about what I should do rather than actually doing it. The W30 is great for that, an awesome framework to just do it.

Archived