Journey to a better me

Derek`

Thursday was pretty good.

Sleep has been rough lately.  It just feels like I'm never tired at night.  sigh.  I get up at 5:15, so I always try to be in bed by 9:30 or 10.  Sometimes I just lay there unable to fall asleep.  Need to work on my pre bedtime routine I guess to try to ease into bed.

Eating was swell on Thursday

M1: Ham, olives, potatoes

M2: Ham, almonds, tomatoes, broccoli

M3: Chicken breast with tomatoes and onions, sauteed summer squash, rice, olives, apples

Movement: 14 mile run

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Eating has been really good.  Some offroading last Thursday for some ice cream birthday cake for my daughter's bday.  Saturday is her party with the families.  I plan to stay compliant with the meat tray, veggie tray, and fruit tray.  Will sneak some olives or nuts to round out the template.  ;)

Running is good.  Did all 52 of last week's miles on the treadmill.  ugh.  Too cold or too snowy.  I've been running outside this week though.  Still keeping up with Body Pump 2x / week as well.

Sleep has been up and down at best.  

Mentally I have been in a really good place, and at peace with myself.

Fat loss has picked up after a short stall.  91 pounds and 7 pants sizes so far.  :D

• Moderators

Mentally I have been in a really good place, and at peace with myself.

Fat loss has picked up after a short stall.  91 pounds and 7 pants sizes so far.   :D

WOW! So inspirational, Derek! 

Sara, I get through my treadmill runs by basically envisioning where I am on my outside running routes.   I do nearly all of my outside running along the same paths, so I know where the mile markers are and I see those landmarks in my mind.  Right now I'm envisioning those landmarks with green grass and trees in full bloom ;)

Archived