Journey to a better me

Derek`

Thurs 1/15:

Rough day for me.  After my run I came home and binged on trail mix and bread :(  So ashamed.  I know that when I do longer runs I need to make sure that I have a proper PoWO meal.  The gut is feeling a little off this morning.  Onward to today I guess.  This journal is all about being brutally honest, right?  Trying not to beat myself up over it, but I really want to lose the rest of this weight and yesterday I made some bad choices.

M1: Scrambled eggs w/ onion and pepper, mashed sweet potato

M2: Spinach/tomato/guacamole salad.  Carrots. Tomatoes.  Vegetable soup in bone broth.  Orange

PoWO: Ate a banana first, then the crap.  

M3: Chicken breast, cooked in EVOO, Brussels Sprouts, Potato, Olives

Movement: 10-mile run

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick flyby.

Monday

M1: Turkey, cauliflower/broccoli, olives

M2: Salad (spinach, tomatoes, avocado, salmon), carrots, apple

PreWO: walnuts

M3: Roast beef, potato, sauteed green beans, orange, banana

Movement: 10-mile run

Caffeine more than I should have had.

Sleep was pretty good

Tuesday:

M1: Scrambled eggs with onion/bell pepper, cooked in CO, apple

M2: Salad (spinach, bell pepper, turkey, avocado), broccoli, carrots, strawberries

M3 Pork loin, Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, almonds, apple

Movement: 8.5 miles

Caffeine: 1C coffee

• Moderators

Do brussels sprouts give you guys more gas than other cruciferous veg? It's weird, but I swear they're worse in that regard than cabbage for me. Love them though I do, I do not appreciate that distinctive side effect!

Wednesday

M1: Scrambled eggs w/ onion/pepper in CO.  Bacon.

M2: Chicken breast with salsa and black beans.  Salad (spinach, tomato, guacamole), carrots, broccoli, banana

M3: Turkey breast, steamed broccoli, olives, baked potato, apple.

Movement: 6.2 miles and Body Pump

Caffeine: 2 cups of coffee.  Had trouble falling asleep.  Got home from Cub Scout leaders' meeting right at bedtime, so I didn't have my proper unwind time.  In addition, I woke up at 3:30 and just lay in bed until 5.  May be rough later.

Going out for lunch today for a co-worker who is leaving the company.  Plan to get a steak salad.  Should be mostly compliant, except for probably junky oil and maybe sugar in the dressing.  Ate a big breakfast so I won't be hungry and tempted to eat burger/fries or anything heavy like that.

Thursday

M1: Turkey breast, hashbrowns, walnuts

M2: Restauant salad with spinach, steak, egg, a buttload of mozzarella cheese, and dressing that was thick and sweet so I'm sure it was laden with sugar/hfcs.

M3: Turkey thighs, lima beans, potato, olives, banana

Movement: 10.5 miles with a few fartleks

Feeling a little icky today (Friday).  Maybe it was the cheese on the salad.  I don't always do well with dairy.  Should probably have skipped the cheese.  I was really hungry by the time we got there.  I really wanted to eat all the things!  But I stuck to my plan, and didn't eat the free popcorn while we waited for our meals.  Also, I drank water at lunch instead of ordering pop, so yay.

I always have good intentions of keeping up here daily, but I falter.  sigh.

Eating has been good.  Nearly compliant.  Weight has been stable the past week or so, but more importantly, I am out of notches on my current belt!  So I need to buy a new (smaller!) belt soon.  Keeping up with the running still.  Not much new to report.  Ha

Tuesday:

M1: Ham, olives, potatoes

M2: Salad (spinach, tomato, tuna, guacamole), cauliflower, broccoli, apple

PoWO: Potato, chicken breast

M3: Big taco salad (romaine, tomato, ground beef, rice, guacamole), orange, apple

Movement: 8.5 mile run

Wednesday:

Food-

M1: Scrambled eggs with bell pepper and onion, cooked in Coconut Oil, Orange

M2: Salad (spinach, tomatoes, balsamic/Olive oil dressing), Broccoli, Carrots, Pork loin, Orange

M3: Olives, Pot Roast, a little bit of chicken breast, baked potato, sauerkraut, Apple.  Felt Like I was really feasting for M3.  I was hungry after my workout!

Movement: 30min elliptical, 5.5 miles on the treadmill, Body Pump

Archived