Lowcarber going whole30 - bloated

edazinha

Hi! I've been following a lowcarb clean (except for 1 sachet of stevia a day + the occasional coke zero) diet for almost two years now and I felt amazing all along.

Day 5 of whole30 and i've been extremelly tired all the time - really! Yesterday and today im also super bloated, looking pregnant really.

Breakfast and lunch are a lot (a whole bunch) kale in garlic and approved bacon and fried eggs. Dinner is steak, vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes and zucchini + salad and avocado. Im not afraid of fat and my proportions are about 7o% cals from fat, 15 protein and 15 carbs.

What can I change so I dont feel like crap anymore? :(

It is way too early to change things. You are kind of on par with what is normal. Things tend to get worse before they get better. I would encourage you to read the timeline. Also don't worry about counting your macro nutrients (or calories for that matter). Make each of your three meals match the meal planning template finding the portions that allow you to go 4-5 hours between meals without feeling hungry.

If you have been very low carb for a length of time it might take your body some time to get used to any increase in carbs. 

Archived