Starting October 1st

AshChristensen

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

I am starting my second Whole 30 on October 1st as well and I need as much support as I can get! I completed my first last July and was successful, never felt better in my life.  The big difference this year is that I am married (since February) and am now living with a junk food husband and stepson. (Just to give you an illustration:  Imagine pouring whole grain cereal into a bowl, adding skim milk and beautiful, sweet, fresh blueberries ...and then pouring SPLENDA all over it!!!)  That means lots of JUNK food everywhere, and me with such weak willpower.  How fortunate for you that you and your husband are doing it together!

Recently I've been dealing with some health issues... I never feel good, I have no energy, and I feel 100 years old. (I'm 62) Up until recently, I have felt like a very young 62, but man, these days I can hardly put one foot in front of the other!  

Sooooo…time for another Whole 30! I will have absolutely no support anywhere from anyone so i'm turning to this forum (it helped me last year, too.)

Good luck on your first adventure!  If you don't have it, I recommend you get the book and also sign up for the daily emails that tell you what to expect every day as well as providing encouragement and motivation. I found those to be extremely helpful.

Will look forward to seeing you on here and hearing your success stories!

Eileen

Hi girls

I too am starting my second Whole 30 this week. I just finished my first W30 a couple of days ago and am now going into number 2. If you want to join our support thread here its called Whole30 starting 24/9/14.  There are a few of us there already. Your welcome to join us. We had a great support system last W30(last month) and plan on it again. So come on over.

We can do this

Dawn

Hi there,

I am battling with myself over whether to start a Whole30 on Oct 1.

I did one last year (although I didn't do it properly I found out since reading more about it) but I still lost some weight, felt less bloated and lethargic.

I am going to be honest and say my main motivation for doing it is to lose weight. Which is why I'm not sure it's for me. I just need to break the cycle of eating too many carbs for my activity level and snacking on junk. I really have an issue with snacking so I know Whole30 will nip it in the bud.

I need to mentally commit fully if I am going to be successful but I still have so many doubts. 

Hi - New to this site, and it's nice to find the support.  Staring my 2nd 30 day challenge - did my last one 1/2/13.  It went for 120 days, and then,,,,?????  So, I'm gearing up to do something great for myself.  I need to get myself back on a fitness regimen - hopefully, this will energize my efforts.  Glad to have the company!

I am so ready for another whole 30!!! I lost 21 lbs in June, been on maintenance and haven't gained but.2 lbs back. Cheese is my enemy.

I'm shopping today and Tuesday to completely arm myself with only healthy foods. Gave away everything not on the list yesterday to a grateful neighbor. October is a great time, holidays looming and should help with willpower, plus it's a gorgeous month to take on a challenge. Good luck to everyone involved. If I lose 10 more lbs those skinny jeans will button up:-)

Me and my blog readers are starting our whole30 on October 1st too. I recently lost about 52kg, with workout and calorie counting and I gained 5kg after my rigorous weightloss. I hope this whole30 would help keep my weight in check... **fingers crossed**

I'm starting my third Whole30 on Oct 1. I did it in the fall of 2012 and 2013 and I felt amazing! I *have* to do it again because I have a lot of health problems and I have almost no energy, insomnia almost every night, food allergies, weight gain, blah, blah, blah...just feeling LOUSY. It is time to do this again. I very much aprpeciate the help and encouragement that I know I will get from this forum!

Hey folks,

Best of luck to you all!

I'm starting October 3rd, a couple of days after you all. It was originally going to be September 15, but I just had too much on so had to push it back a few weeks.

Looking forward to getting some energy and mental clarity back and slaying my sugar dragon (who has reappeared with a vengeance lately). I have done a couple of whole30s before, and I always felt fab at the end.

Hi all! I'm starting my second whole 30 on October 1 also. I completed one this spring and felt so great - I can't remember ever sleeping that great! So I want to get back to that. A couple of weddings, one of which was my daughter's, travel, company, etc really pulled me away from eating the foods that I know make me feel the best. And I'm up about 5 lbs and don't want to go in to the winter like that....I get sedentary enough and don't need to go there! So I'm back and ready to start again. I went grocery shopping today and did a massive cook-up. I have chicken cooked and packaged in the freezer (I use those snack sized bags for portioning my cooked proteins.....it's the perfect amount for me). I also have grilled some burgers and steak and also portioned them. Then I baked a couple of sweet potatoes, roasted some butternut squash, sauted cabbage, broccoli, carrots, peppers and onions, and shredded and cooked some sweet potatoes for breakfast hash. Made some paleo catsup, and already had some homemade mayo and sunshine sauce in the fridge. I also found a bottled lemon dill dressing that is compliant. So I'm ready to go. The well fed cookbook has some great recipes and ideas on doing the cook-up. Last time I felt like I spent a lot of time in the kitchen each day, so I decided to try out the idea of prepping on Sunday for the week. Now my biggest problem is I have so much great food ready that I couldn't decide what to make for lunch tomorrow! I'm sort of starting now but officially will be on the First.... Going to have a few more days with my beloved half and half in my coffee and some wine at night! Last time I kept a daily food log and journal and I need to get that back out and add to it. And the one thing I realized is I was eating way too much almond butter.... I went thru 2 jars in the 30 days....so I'm definitely backing off on that this time!

I'm looking forward to this journey with all of you! I also love to cook and love to share recipes...

Let's have a great October whole 30!

My sister and I are starting on WEdnesday as well!  We are super excited.  Her vice is pasta and mine is chocolate and fried foods.  

Good luck to everyone.  I'm going to need much support and I'm here to give lots of support so feel free to friend me and reach out!

Kristin

Looking forward to starting tomorrow. Enjoyed my last bowl of oats for the next 30 days this morning!

Have some ground turkey chilli and pumpkin soup pre-prepared. Fish and kangaroo meat in the freezer. About to poach up some chicken and cook some turkey-blueberry breakfast muffins http://summerinnanen.com/turkey-blueberry-breakfast-muffins

I haven't done a big shop/clean out but I have so many compliant ingredients in the fridge I need to be creative and use it all up. Night time is going to be hard as I'm a bit of a mindless snacker. 

I have had a couple of transition days & this afternoon (it is the 30th here in NZ) I have a slightly"fuggy" feeling at the back of my head... bring on the sugar withdrawal!!

I am pleased I made small changes early ready for tomorrow as I have already discovered I am not eating enough! Going shopping tonight for good fats :)

Hi everyone!!!

I´m starting my first whole30 wednesday 1st October!!! I really want to make it work, but scared I wont be able to give up diet coke....I wont lie, I totally want to loose some weight, I´ve been counting calories and  doing all sorts of diets for forever...hope this works, scared I´ll actually gain weight instead!

I´ll need all the support I can get, I dont know anyone who has done this before!

All the best to us all!!!

Archived