Weight loss & Whole30 quanties

Audrey39NW

So I just started Whole30 a few days ago. I am 5’8” and very slim (113 lbs). Very difficult for me to gain weight. Try to exercise some each day. Also just recovering from spraining back. Need to know if it is  okay for me to be eating the upper portion limit for each meal (i.e. 2 palm size of protein, 1 avocado, 2 thumbs of cooking fats, etc.).  I was concerned that the upper limit would be bad for my health because of my size. But I cheated and got on the scale – and have lost 3 lbs (down to 110).  I feel better on the Whole30, but am concerned about losing too much weight.  Only diagnosed health issue is glaucoma. But the diet seems to agree with me otherwise. Much more energy & my back seem to be improving faster.

The beauty of the whole30 is that, over time, your appetite will come to match your caloric needs. That means you can eat when you are hungry, and not worry. If you are hungry for the upper end of the template, go for it!

ps. stay off the scale! Lots of people lose inflammation at the beginning, and that is a good thing regardless of your weight. Things will even out.

Archived