all this time and still a spare tire!

Day 12 of my 3rd Whole30 and I'm still carrying around pretty much the same big ol belly. I've lost a total of 15 pounds so that was nice,but I'd really like to know what I need to quit eating in addition to what I'm not eating on the plan that will get rid of all this visceral fat. I hate it and it's unhealthy. Does anyone have any suggestions of foods to avoid? Common allergens? The only other thing I can think of is doing a whole 45 or whole60 instead of month-on-month-off whole 30s thanks in advance!

15 lbs is a pretty significant amount to lose over a period of two Whole30s.  Sometimes it does take longer for body composition to shift, though.  I notice in year two of mostly Whole30/Whole30ish eating that my body looks and functions differently, but it's been very very gradual.

If you want some tips for refining this Whole30, you might post a few days' worth of food, sleep, exercise, and stress, and get some feedback.  If you've been pregnant, and especially within the last few years, that might be helpful to know as well.

Hang in there, you're doing very very well.

There ARE other factors that will impact visceral fat other than diet. How are your stress levels? Sleep? And are you exercising? Resistance training is the best exercise to improve body composition.

For exercise I do Pilates 2-3x a week and ride my bike 1-2x a week when I can. I am a normally anxious person so I guess I must stress all the time and not notice. I get 7-8 hours of sleep per night. I've never been pregnant. I don't know maybe I just need to give it a year or two. I just wondered if there were known inflammatory foods that I might be eating even though they're ok to eat on the Whole30...like nuts? (I try to keep those down to 1 or less servings a day just in case) maybe it's caffeine? I have 1-2 cups a day (always before 2pm)

Archived