Hard time adjusting to so much meat/protein…will it get better?

kittygogo

Before starting W30 I was not much of a meat eater. I'd have an occasional piece of chicken or beef, but it was never something I ate weekly, never mind daily. I'm on day 7 and I feel like my body is having a hard time processing meat, if you know what I mean.

Will this get any easier or is this the norm? Anyone else go from practically vegetarian to a meat eater? I don't want to do the Veggie Whole30 because I don't do well with beans or soy (edamame/tofu). Any suggestions to make this transition easier on the gut? Thanks!

I just wanted to add that I do feel great since starting this last week. I'm never hungry, whereas before I'd be hungry all day. Loving this. 

Yes what Melbournegirl said...it gets better. Many people find digestive enzymes helpful. There is a great blog post on it http://whole9life.com/2012/09/digestive-enzymes-101/

One word of caution on digestive enzymes. Make sure you scour the ingredient lists. Whole9 used to recommend NOW brand but then they changed their formula making them non compliant. 

Glad you are having a mostly positive experience and hope this might make it even better!

I'm the same way. I didn't really eat much meat before...just some chicken here or there. I mostly ate nuts, eggs, and lunchmeat for protein. I'm also testing sensitivities to eggs so I'm eating extra meat and it just feels weird. And it's expensive (I'm not even buying the good stuff).

Archived