Day 6 and vomiting all morning. - stomach bug?

Becky_Sharp

After days 2 had 3 during which I had mild withdrawal symptoms, I have felt great. No "kill all the things", no fatigue. I even managed to handle a very stressful emergency trip out of town when it found out my father in law had a heart attack without deviating from the plan.

However at 6:30 this morning I woke up incredibly nauseated. I though maybe it was low blood sugar so I got up and tried to choke down a few bites of date. I felt so sick I had to lie down on the kitchen floor. Since then I've been vomiting for 6 hours straight and can't even hold down water. Obviously this is food poisoning or a stomach virus and not the diet (right?). However at this point I don't know what to do. Should I take a break and restart on Monday? Should I try to power through? I just want some dry toast or tea with honey. And up until now I've had NO serious cravings. So I don't know if I should listen to my obviously sick and depleted body.

I also feel very discouraged and wondering if maybe this is just not for me. I just am so so sick right now and feeling so discouraged.

I'm so sorry you got sick. This is not a normal reaction to Whole30 so it sounds like you did catch a virus or got a bit of food poisoning. If you want to stay the course you can try having bone broth and coconut water to keep your hydration up. If you want to wait until you feel better and try again you can do that too. It's really up to you. Please don't be discouraged! Getting sick stinks for anyone. I hope you feel better soon!

Wow, sorry to hear you are so sick :-( That sounds awful and I would agree that you are SICK and it is not the W30 causing the vomiting. Well, it's your choice whether to continue now or get through the illness and restart once you feel better. Do you have any homemade chicken or bone broth? That would probably be easy to stomach, if you want to stay compliant, plus be super good for you GI tract and immune system. How does puréed sweet potato or squash sound?

Hope you feel better soon!

I think it might have been a prepackaged salad I are at the hospital cafe. It was just veggies, no dressing, but it had bean sprouts in it--I guess those are maybe prone to food borne illness?

Unfortunately Saturday is shopping day and my cupboards are nearly bare. My husband is at work and I'm too sick to cook. My kids are getting by on raisins and cheese and crackers. I thought we had unsweetened applesauce--that sounded doable, but I must have put it in the kids' lunches. I do have a box of organic broth. Not as good as homemade, but I am pretty sure it's compliant--no sugar. Maybe I will try warming that up.

Archived