Made it through day 9....

jeng1921

I have been working on a whole 30 and even though my sleep sometimes...often times, is poor, I have been able to get through with and stay on track until yesterday. I was super tired after working in the AM and because it was my daughter’s birthday party that afternoon, I wasn't able to take a break and lay down for a bit. (That has been a lifesaver for me in terms of stopping any cravings.) I ended up eating some of the cake later on that I made for her which had a little sugar, dairy, eggs and strawberries (I'm sensitive to eggs and strawberries!) I know this kind of choice warrants a restart but here is my concern/question.... I'm not sure if I can make it to the end if I start over! I have tried whole 30 before and had to do a couple restarts and was never able to finish an additional 30 days with no slip ups. I just don't want to set myself up for failure again. I found a few things very recently that as of last night seem to help with the sleep which is my main problem. Any advice is appreciated!

My advice is to think of it as an extension rather then a restart if that gets you in the right mental state. So you do a W39 instead of a W30. 

If you are restarting again and again it might be worth your time to look at all the things that triggered those restarts and find the patterns and figure out new ways to deal with them when they come up again. Sounds like dealing with your sleep is key and will definitely help. In the meantime things I would suggest are having a list of all the reasons you are doing W30 up somewhere where you can see it when you are tempted. Also have some avoidance techniques ready. Ultimately finishing the Whole30 will take some persistence so stand firm in your reasons for doing it and keep picturing the prize at the end of the journey!

Archived