Day 26 and disappointed

cindys

How can I be on Day 26 and still experiencing Brain Fog and Constipation.

I'm so disappointed.

Below is a sample of my diet.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Cindy

9/23/14, Tues.

Lunch:  Smoothie:  ghee, coconut oil, collagen protein, carrots, celery, berries, banana, nuts,

Dinner:  sauted ground beef, spinach, tomatoes, avocado on romaine lettuce; acorn squash.

9/24/14, Wed.

Sole Water

Bkfast:  Smoothie:  carrots, celery, hemp seeds, collagen proten, chia seeds, nuts, coconut oil, ghee, banana, berries

Lunch:  Chicken, grd beef, asparagus, ambercup squash

Dinner:  Romaine salad w peppers, cucumbers, olive oil, lemon juice.  Coconut milk, hemp seeds, walnuts, grapes, blueberries.

9/25/14,  Thurs.

Sole Water

Bkfast: chicken, kuri squash, broccoli,  handful of cashews

Lunch: salmon, avocado, tomatoes, grapes on romaine lettuce

Dinner:  turkey, sauted vegetables (caulifl, peppers, onion, spinach, asparagus)

9/26/14,  Friday

Sole Water

Bkfast:  chicken, asparagus, onions, sweet potatoes

Lunch:  canned salmon w grapes, mustard

Dinner:  smoothie:  3 egg yolks, coconut oil, ghee, cashews, collagen protein, carrots, banana, avocado

Snack:  apple sauce w shredded coconut

9/27/14, Sat.

Sole Water

Bkfast:  3 eggs, sautéed asparagus, red peppers, onions

Lunch:  smoothie:  collagen protein, carrots, avocado, ghee, coconut oil, spinach, celery, walnuts

Dinner:  Steak, sautéed onions, sweet potatoes,  salad

Snack:  apple with homemade almond butter.

Have you checked out the meal planning template? Some of your meals need more veggies. Smoothies are not recommended on the whole30. Snacks should be a mini meal and not fruit and nuts. Believe it or not these small things can make a huge difference in your results. Nuts are really hard on your digestion you might want to avoid them for a while. Are you drinking lots of water? Are you taking digestive enzymes? Probiotics? I hope that helps. Good luck!

Please make sure that ALL of your meals contain a palm sized (size of your palm - 3 dimensions) protein, 1.5 cups of veg and a thumb sized portion of fat.  Then if you are still hungry have some fruit.

Avoid the smoothies - they are a pretty big sugar bomb - yes even with vegetables and fat in them. Sugar bombs have a tendency for setting up for being hungrier earlier on in the day.  Really.

If you are hungry - then eat!  Even if it's a fourth meal.  If you are hungry enough to eat something plain and boring (think steamed fish and steamed broccoli) then eat a proper meal.  If you are feeling "snacky" try having a tea.  Really, it helps.

Constipation culprits - nuts and/or avocadoes may be giving you problems.  I personally have problems with both.  Avos give me intenese bloating (I feel I look pregnant) and nuts make me consitipated and mess up with me sleep.  Maybe you should consider to eliminate nuts (first.  as it's the more common problematic one) and see how that goes.

Archived