SWYPO or no?

rachieleah

I'd say the last option, myself. Technically it's compliant. If you're eating it as a side dish (I'm from the South, where fried apples are a common side dish), and don't treat it as a dessert, it would probably be fine. But if you're using it to replace dessert at the end of a meal, you might think about what triggers it's hitting for you.

• Moderators

Preparing a dessert is almost always a problem. We want you to enjoy your meals each day without a dessert. Focusing on dessert is one way many people get into trouble. 

Think of it like this.... If you are doing a Whole30, you should not be trying to see how close to the edge you can get without falling over.

Guest WholeStanley

If you are doing a Whole30, you should not be trying to see how close to the edge you can get without falling over.

Tom, this is great - my new whole30 motto I think! Its a really good way of thinknig about it and provides an answer to most 'can I have..?' question

Thanks for this

Put that on top of a pork chop, maybe with some bacon and onions, and you're using fruit as a condiment.  Along with using fruit juice in recipes, fresh fruit included in multiple ingredient toppings are a compliant way to get variety.  Used as a minor ingredient rather than the main food in a side, you'll continue to reinforce crave control.

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/77596713058/bacon-apple-smothered-pork-chops

Preparing a dessert is almost always a problem. We want you to enjoy your meals each day without a dessert. Focusing on dessert is one way many people get into trouble. 

Think of it like this.... If you are doing a Whole30, you should not be trying to see how close to the edge you can get without falling over.

100% Agreed with Tom. BUT, if this is not pushing the edge for you (it's not for me), then as long as you're having it with a meal of protein, veggies and fat it's fine. This makes a frequent appearance with my family's meals :)

Archived