ChiggerCane - October 1 Start

ChiggerCane

Pretty nervous about this attempt.  Great - already setting myself up for failure by calling it an 'attempt'.  Start over - I'm excited to begin this new way of eating!!

Oct 1 - I can do it. Almost 2 days to plan and organize. 

Life is too short to compromise.  I want so much more for myself than where I am right now.  The opportunity is there.  I CAN do this.

Thanks ready4change - seems like there's lots of support here for newbies.  I look forward to watching you progress as well.

Just back from store - will prep some stuff today so I am ready for tomorrow.  Took pics yesterday - oh my.  Will do measurements and write everything down in my log.  Printed out rules, shopping lists, etc so they are ready to go into my 'go to' book.  I'm looking forward to this. 

Day 1 progressing. Slight headache from no caffeine or starchy carbs. So far, so good!

Beginning Stats:  Starting weight - 157. 

Pain levels: hip bursitis - left - 8; right 2.

knee pain - left 4; right 2

Food so far:(need to work on quantities...)

1 egg, handful of spinach and mushrooms in a scramble

raw almonds and an apple

tilapia, broccoli, cauliflower and green beans steamed

tuna with 1/2 tomato

salad w turkey tenderloin (also cucumber, tomato, olives, pepitas, carrots), steamed mixed veggies (zuchinni, yellow swuash, caulifower, brocoli)

We did day one!! Congrats! In fact, we pretty much had the same breakfast! :)

I am logging in a notebook as well, which I'm finding is really helpful bringing my awareness to everything I put in my mouth. I took pics and measurements as well. It's going to be interesting to see how we fare at the end of this month...I am very optimistic though! Hope day 2 goes just as swimmingly! :)

Day 2 - headache still there, a little stronger - I think seasonal allergies are kicking in, though, so I'm not sure its from this.

2 eggs, spinach & mushrooms

apple, almond butter

salad w turkey tenderloin, olives, carrots, cucumber, pepitas, tomatoes + steamed mixed veggies

cateloupe, almonds, almond butter

Lots of water, some white tea

I have not made the time to prep. I can see I'll be in trouble if I don't do something soon.  Almond butter is not something I should turn to frequently.  Shopping tomorrow.  Prep this weekend.

Another newbie here. I do have taken my before pictures () and keeping track of my meals, not in a notebook but on Instagram. Made a huge amount of curry last night, so for the next couple of days at least one of the meals is covered. I'm glad tomorrow it's Saturday, no planning for work , more time to make meals and enjoy them.

Thanks for visiting Kattje - I'll look to see if you have a log.  Good luck to you as well.  It looks like there are several of us starting out on this journey at this time. 

just a couple days in and feeling a little lighter...whether imagination or reality, I'll take it.  Hip bursitis still fairly bad.  That's my main objective for this - reduce inflammation!

2 eggs, spinach, mushroom plus canteloupe

salad w turkey tenderloin, carrots, olives, tomatoes, pepitas + 1 teas almond butter

apple w almond butter

flank steak, small potato, brussel sprouts, canteloupe

I don't have a blog here, just my photo's on Instagram

Look for kaatje64

The curry was a great lunch, no photo yet, I was at work and just are it out of a plastic container, not very photo genetic.

I'll take one tomorrow.

Day 5  - tempted by things at my parents house - managed to make it out intact!

2 egg cups

lettuce wrap around turkey, avacado, tomato + spoonful of almond butter

pork tenderloin, mahed potato, broccoli & cauliflower

Was browsing through some Logs last night.  Interesting to see the different approaches, attitudes, and mind sets.

Thanks for visits! Funny you should ask, Little Blue - today is the first day I have been mentally famished.  Today, ended up not eating until noon-ish - wasn't hungry and then was busy at work and lost track of time.  Once I hit that hungry status, ate what I thought was reasonable, then had that hollow "I NEED something..." feeling.  Tried, oh-so-hard to find something compliant while my brain was screaming "Bread...crackers...starch".  One boiled egg and a teaspoon of almond butter finally silenced the screaming.  I've stayed the course.  Maybe it took this long for the sugar demon/dragon to find me?

I had made a batch of ratatoille that I messed up by adding too many tomatoes.  Added in some ground beef and it turned out quite nice.  Someone's log had a recipe for 'chow' that her kids won't touch - sounds a lot like my ratatoille mix.  I think I'll add in ground turkey next time instead of the beef.  Husband thought it would go well as a spaghetti topping...I can always make this and let him and my sons have the pasta under it.  I put it on top of a potato - worked out nicely.

Will need to shop and prep again in a couple days.

lettuce wrap - romain around grilled turkey tenderloin, avacado, tomato

banana, almond butter, boiled egg

almonds (I know - too many nuts...I'm working on it), olives (got the munchies again), flank steak (just a bit)

tilapia, ratatoille (without the graound beef), steamed yellow and zuchinni squash

So yesterday was not a good day.  Enough said.  Regroup - forge on.  It's strange to me that yesterday was 'the' day I had problems.  I have not read the whole book yet - I'm beginning to think I should have before starting, LOL.  But I read the section about sleep, stress, not eating, eating, glycogen, insulin, etc - and it made the past 2 years so much clearer to me and explained why I am here in the shape I am.  So - now that I truly understand - WHY WHY WHY did I sabatoge myself?  But - beating myself up does nothing other than make me feel worse. Like I said, forge on.

Today - 2 eggs, spinach, turkey

tilapia and ratatoille (couldn't finish it)

apple, almonds

grilled chicken, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot stir fry with coconut oil and pepitas

I need to prep more today (after I shop...).  I am helping out my parents today so I hope to sneak in some shopping later today.  Then, either late today or tonight I will prep my heart out.  And I will try to schedule more time to read, so maybe I realize what I'm doing and why. ;)

Back from helping get my dad to dr.  Not good news.  Myriad of issues - looking at end of life in near future - although he could surprise us.  Another friend just found out her colon cancer is back - found in the liver. 

I write this to tell myself to take this seriously.  To really try - this is not about losing 20 pounds to fit in a bikini.  This is about health.  This is about being in the best shape I can be in for the rest of the life I am gifted with.  I am so grateful for the opportunities I have.  I ought to act like it.

This morning felt much better having gotten back on the wagon.  Hip bursitis was pretty intense starting about 5 am.  I had thought it was calming a bit, but maybe 'the day' messed stuff up again - or delayed the healing. 

Last night, after dinner, I had a container of the chicken, mixed veggie meal sitting on the counter in a storage container.  Stepped upstairs for a couple minutes, came down and all the chicken and most of the broccoli and cauliflower had been picked out.  The container had not moved at all.  Seems the monster in the middle of my avatar decided he wants to eat this way.  It appears he does not like carrots!  My guys are not allowed in the kitchen - and are never given people-food.  Now I have no lunch prepped!  Definitely must prep soon.

Today

egg

large salad - romain, cauliflower, cucumber, carrots, olives, tomatoes, grilled chicken

almonds

roasted chicken, potato w ghee, sauteed broccoli, carrots, cauliflower

Later afternoon update:

went to 'special store' - got a tub of ghee, loads of veggies, wild salmon, beef, chicken, ground turkey, ground beef - SHOULD have everything I need to prep for several days worth of meals.  Assuming my sons don't eat everything in one day!  Grabbed a big butternut squash - going to make my butternut squash soup - looking forward to it.

3 eggs, asparagus, mushrooms

salmon, asparagus

apple, almond butter

salmon, asparagus

This is the 1st day I've had 3 eggs all at once.  Wasn't sure I would be able to eat it all.  Had a headache and overall blah feeling in late afternoon - but I think it was brought on by being in front of the computer all day.  I need to learn how to take breaks and move about more. Got lots of prepping to do tomorrow.  And more reading.  I was telling my sister about this plan - need to reread the glycogon/glucose/insulin stuff again so I can coherently pass on info. I'd love to get her on board with this.

Saturday 10/11 - how time flies...

2 eggs, salmon, asparagus (attempted fritatta - ate a scramble)

roasted chicken, mixed veggies, buttnut squash soup w sprinking of pepitas

apple, almonds, prunes

salmon, green beans, butternut squash soup w pepitas

Read a few chapters last night. Everythig makes so much sense - it's obvious - so why didn't I 'get it' until I read it?

2 egg cups with mushrooms, spinach

salmon, mixed vegggies,  last of bnut squash soup

banana, grapes, almond butter

filet, mushrooms, spinach, asparagus, salad

just finished walking the dogs.  I had all 3 so just did a short one.  will plan the week in a few mins.  I can conquer myself.

It's now Weds afternoon.  Right as I wrote Monday morning food, got a call from mom and had to rush to her house to get dad to hospital.  Since Monday morning,  I have been off track.  It's excuses - but it's also life.  I made an attempt to stick to it.  I could have tried harder - but I did not have enough stuff prepped to do it.  Valuable lesson learned. And I did not have time to stock a cooler to take with me.

Dad got out of surgery a couple hours ago, is in ICU until tomorrow, then probably released either Friday late or next Monday - we'll see what happens.  In the meantime - I need to get prepped and organized.  having a game plan in reserve is essential to succeed.

I had a sandwich yesterday - and this morning, the base of both thumbs were aching so badly.  Coincidence?  I think NOT.  (What movie is that from?)  I will regroup now and ... I don't like to think of it as 'starting over'...I consider it getting back to it.  I understand to get the full benefit I need to do the 30 days.  I already see the benefit after just 13 days - I should be excited to think about how good I'll feel after 30.

No desire to post today's food (or Monday afternoon through today) - so, I'll be back at it now, but only posting food again starting tomorrow.

Week later - tomorrow came, but my posting did not.  My attempts to get back on track 100% have also not been realized.  UNTIL TODAY.  TODAY, I am back at it - full force.  No matter what gets thrown my way, there is a way to make intelligent, best choices.  So many people on this forum have found the way to live life and eat with these guidelines.  I am not a stupid person...usually...so I should be able to do this.

7 weeks from tomorrow, my oldest will attend his college commencement - in the same buiding I did commencement walk 26 years ago, and my husband did his commencement walk 29 years ago.  I so want to be able to feel good about how I look - not dreading how the pictures come out.  I want to be able to frame a picture and not cringe when I look at it. I saw a glimpse of what this eating 'style' did for me in as little as 2 weeks of consistency.  I KNOW I NEED to do this!

Just back from hospital with dad.  Another glaring example of WHY I need to eat 'better'.  Yesterday, that TV doctor was on - I HATE that show - have never seen a full episode, daytime TV is not my thing - but Mom and sister were watchng.  Some kind of miracle fiber diet - it absorbs calories and makes them disappear....really?!  Simple, real food is the way to go. 

So - prepping food tomorrow.  Getting some emergency stashes together for the next week or so.  With dad's situation, I know I'm going to need them.

Eventful couple weeks.  Dad passed away Sunday afternoon.  Sad times - but it was past time for dad to be relieved of his suffering - and mom relieved of watching him suffer, and suffering in her own way. Time  to shift focus from dying to living. 

I have not had time to get organized or prep food.  I'm doing what I can.  I'll get back to a full blown, all out effort - really..soon.

I wonder how you change the title of your log?  LOL  I did start Oct 1 - and I will start again Nov 1.  Shouldn't have put the start date on my log.  Live and learn. Minor issue, isn't it?

I prepped a little food last night - first time I've cooked in a couple weeks.  Sad statement there.  Football game tonight - 2 hours away and on Halloween.  Traffic on Halloween in Atlanta area is a disaster!  So we will leave late afternoon and find something to do where the game is. Tomorrow, I should be alone for a few hours so I will prep some food - need to get stuff out of freezer now.  I also need to spend some time with mom and oldest sister.

RESTART TOMORROW NOV 1

Archived