Soy Reintroduction/Allergy?

thecatsanova

I started my Whole 30 to figure out WHY I was so bloated at the end of everyday.

Today I did my soy reintroduction and within thirty minutes of ingesting soy I was itching all over my body, my scalp itched, my stomach started expanding, and I started having really bad gas.  I also got a headache and felt like someone had sucked me dry of all my energy.

I still feel a little off but after reacting to soy milk like that I think soy is definitely a problem for me.  I'm also allergic to all tree nuts and peanuts so I'm curious if the two are related.

So, question to anyone who has a soy allergy:  I can avoid soy by reading labels but what foods tend to have soy when i'm eating out at a restaurant? I know the obvious ones like soy sauce but some allergy websites said that soy is in 'a lot' of processed foods.

Not that I want to defend soy or think anyone should ever eat it but I have to ask this question. What other ingredients were in your soy milk? I ask because carrageenan is a common ingredient in non-dairy milks and can cause a lot of the symptoms you describe as well. Regardless of the answer your are probably better off with both out of you diet for the long term, just putting it out there.

Archived