Diet plan

acigel32

• Moderators

Rules are here. Meal template here. Shopping list. Can I Have list.

Some tips on doing a weekly cookup from The Clothes Make The Girl.  Also from TCMTG, a more detailed weekly plan, and another, and another, and one more.

There's no official meal plan, and really, there can't be. We're all different, we have different tastes and different needs -- some of us are only cooking for ourselves, some have families, some are good with the same meal three or four times during the week, others would be bored silly by that. Plus, a big part of making this a sustainable way of life is figuring out how to do these things yourself. If you read through all of the links above, you should be able to come up with a plan. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. In fact, I would recommend not trying to make a bunch of new, fancy recipes every week -- maybe one or two on days you have time. I keep it pretty simple, brown some ground beef, cook some chicken, chop up veggies, and make some mayo every week, occasionally I make a roast of some sort. If I know I'll have to get up earlier than normal for work, I make a breakfast casserole or egg muffins, something I can make Sunday and eat for the whole week. If I have veggies that will keep well cooked, I go ahead and cook at least a few meals' worth (like sweet potatoes, winter squash, any of the root veggies -- I can roast them and refrigerate them for later). Things that cook quickly, like zucchini and yellow squash, I don't cook until I'm making that particular meal. If you're always in a hurry to get out the door in the morning, it would be good to package things up into easy-to-grab containers. 

The Whole30 is not a diet, a short-term fix or a temporary solution. It’s also not the Whole365.

We want you to use the Whole30 as a learning tool to gain awareness of how the foods you used to eat were actually affecting how you look, feel, live and perform.

And then we want you to carry that awareness forward, and use your experience to change the way you eat for the rest of your life.

We encourage you to make educated, deliberate decisions about when, how often and in what quantities you include less healthy foods in your diet. We’ve devoted an entire chapter of It Starts With Food to maintaining your new, healthy habits after your Whole30 is over.

We also have an entire section of our Resources page designed to help you turn your Whole30 experience into a life-long, sustainable, healthy practice

Since the inception of our Whole30® program in April 2009, we’ve made one thing abundantly clear: This is not a weight loss program. It’s not a diet, it’s not a quick fix, and it’s certainly not a “17 Day Get Skinnier Than Your Friends” kind of approach. But that doesn’t mean we don’t recognize or value your weight loss goals.

- See more at: http://whole30.com/2...h.Mohnl3mi.dpuf

Archived