Starting Oct. 1 - Time to shed my sugar addiction!

Annecy

This will be my 2nd Whole 30, with several failed attempts since the first one I did in July. This time I am determined to make it the whole 30 days, with a special goal in mind: to break my lifelong addiction to sugar!

The timing is perfect - Halloween has always been a time of obscene indulgence for me, with bags of candy for trick or treaters bought weeks in advance and polished off before the day even arrives. I am hoping that spending the month on the Whole 30 will not only allow me to avoid all the candy, but also help me reset my attitude towards sweets so that in the future I can enjoy just one snack size piece and put the bag away afterwards.

The toughest part for me will be meal planning. I live a busy life, with a toddler, a baby, and a full-time job. When I'm hungry, I'm hangry! I need to plan ahead to have filling, compliant meals so that I don't turn to non-compliant foods in desperation. I also need to find meals that are quick and easy to prepare, since personal time is at a premium. The slow cooker will be my best friend.

I am hoping that come Halloween I'll have shed 5-10 lbs as well as my dependence on sugar - for good! I'd love to see myself eating this way for the long term. But for now, just focusing on the next 30 days!

I started my 2nd Whole30 on October 1st, as well!  I completed the Whole30 in March of 2014, and I was impressed by the results.  I loved how I never felt hungry, I was in control of my eating, and I stopped craving sugars and carbs. 

As a night shift nurse, working the 8p-8a shift, I often find myself indulging in noodle dishes and sweets.  I tell myself that, "I deserve them," because of my difficult schedule.  The truth is, my body and my stomach feel way better when I am not eating heavy carb laden dishes.  I am someone with a wild sweet tooth, but on my last whole30, I found myself craving an apple with almond butter over a highly processed cookie.

I am really looking forward to taking this challenge on with the support and accountability of my big sister.  I am looking forward to another successful whole30, and hopefully making some of these diet changes stick even after the 30 days is up.

I also have such a sweet tooth and crave sugar! That's why doing the program during halloween will help me to realize that I don't have to eat every piece of candy that comes my way and that I have the power to say no!

Archived