Missy's first Whole30, at 32 weeks pregnant (starting 9/30)

missybear417

Today is my first Whole30! I actually attempted one once before and made it through two days before caving in at an Italian restaurant for lunch. Pretty pathetic. I've been having a lot of joint pain, acid reflux, and general stomach issues that I am chalking up to pregnancy, but was thinking that maybe eating very healthfully would help. Ive also been packing on the pounds like noone's business, so I need to slow that down. A lot. I've already gained the max recommended weight (35 pounds) and I still have two months to go so... not good.

I took "before" photos and measurements this morning as well, and was SHOCKED by how much my thighs have gotten larger... So I know those 35 pounds aren't just "baby weight." I really need to get this under control. I guess I'll post all measurements here, and then I can update at the end as well :)

Height: 5'5

Weight: 175 lbs

Bust: 41"

Waist: 37"

Belly (around belly button... baby bump but also lovehandles galore): 46"

Hips: 46"

Thighs: 27" each (used to be 21" pre-pregnancy... yikes.)

Anyway, this left me feeling quite motivated to stick with the whole30 this time! Onto the eats for today...

Breakfast: layered breakfast bowl with 1/2 sweet potatoe, lots of kale, 1/2 chicken apple sausage, 2 scrambled eggs all cooked in plenty of coconut oil, topped with 1/2 avocado.

Midmorning: tea with full-fat coconut milk... I got chai tea bags and this was absolutely DELISH! Which is crazy, since I am the queen of excessive cream and sugar in my beverages.

Lunch: can of tuna with lemon juice and dill, 1/2 avocado, over mixed greens salad, lots of carrots.

Afternoon: plum and sparkling water

Dinner: bowl made of sauteed kale, brussel sprouts, and cabbage in coconut oil, lightly steamed zucchini, topped ground beef, a fried egg, and some avocado slices.

I'm feeling good so far! I prepped a ton of food, so my fridge is all ready to go with easy, whole30 foods, and I'm hoping that will keep me out of the bag of doritos. I'm quite tired, but I think that's more of a third trimester thing haha. So far, so good!

Day two is a success! I'm pretty tired and could have slept for a couple more hours when my alarm went off this morning, but that's to be expected. Plus, I'm cutting my one cup of coffee each day with this whole30, so that could make me more tired as well!

Breakfast: same layered breakfast bowl as yesterday... 1/2 sweet potato, lots and lots of kale sauteed in coconut oil, 1/2 chicken apple sausage, 2 eggs, 1/2 avocado.

Midmorning: chai tea bag with full-fat coconut milk

Lunch: Chipotle salad with carnitas, pico de gallo, lettuce, guac.

Afternoon: 1/2 grapefruit and sparkling water

Dinner: large bowl of compliant chili with two zucchini sauteed in coconut oil, and half a sweet potato with coconut oil.

So far, so good! Everything is yummy, and the baby seems happy, and my husband only offered me three things I can't eat so far haha

Archived