Day 9 and dizzy, in a fog, emotional, and hungry

Okay I know it seems obvious.  I'm on day 9(at times it feels like day 99) and I just felt weak, tired, and in a fog for a good portion of the day.  I get hungry and then eat, but I feel like I get hungry two hours later.  Today I felt like I was going to pass out.  I'm sure it is from not having enough carbs, but I don't know what to eat.  I can't eat another sweet potato! (side note I'm also getting kind of sick of eggs for breakfast and hardboiled.)  I know I just want the foods I can't have.  I research food ideas and they sound great, but I also feel like I can't find food to eat.  If I keep feeling weak and out of it like this I am going to have to stop because it isn't safe for work.  Sorry if it seems like I just rambled.  

Today's food is probably not the best one to share but....Breakfast was hardboiled eggs, turkey, and a few pieces of mango

Lunch with spinach with a sausage, coconut, peppers, carrots, and balsamic vinegar

Dinner was spaghetti squash with sauce and turkey meatballs. 

Try following the Meal Template for the rest of your Whole 30:  http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

This is protein+fat+veggies at each meal.  

Fruit, nuts, and seeds are optional -- but the others are not.  Fruit is to be in addition to your vegetables, not in the place of.

Try not having fruit for breakfast and see how you feel.  Your protein looks decent (although I don't know how many eggs we are talking), but you need to add a fat (homemade mayo spread on HB eggs is a favorite here) and you need to add vegetables.  A starchy vegetable would be a far better choice than fruit, if you feel you need more carbs.  Have some potato, sweet potato... have you ever fried green plantains?  Another favorite here!  So good.

Overall, you are probably just not eating enough food.  Try bigger meals, and following the template.  I think you will feel better in no time.

I agree...more food in general. A single sausage at meal 2 is probably not enough protein.

There are lots of starchy vegetables out there especially at this time of year where winter squash is abundant. Acorn squash with coconut butter is amazing, butternut squash soup is lovely, etc. Others: beets, parsnips, carrots, delicata squash...lots of options.

Archived