Day 7 - My First Blog

thankfulsher

Good morning, this is Day 7 for me.  Wow have I learned a lot this first week!  Mostly The "healthy" diet I've been eating wasn't really all that healthy after all (ISWF pg. 60).  I've always been a stay at home and cook over go out and eat girl however I was taught the "Food Pyramid".  In addition, this week I traveled a lot for work and found that my old healthy food spots did not meet the four good food standards.  However, with a lot of vege snacks in my hotel room, I survived!!  I also learned that food did have control over me.  I stocked up on almonds/almond butter and found that I was eating that for comfort food and not because I was hungry.  No more almonds in my possession this week.  Now the big test, our son's wedding.  Tomorrow is the rehearsal dinner, which we hosted and planned prior to Whole30.  Our menu is bar food!  I have a plan, I will eat my Whole30 meal just prior and then my husband will tell the bar tender/host that we are drinking sparkling water with lime/olives and get a drink in my hand right away.  He will let the bar tender know that if anybody would like to buy us a drink, this is what we are drinking.  The same with the toast on Friday at the wedding.  Sparkling water for the parents of the groom!  Here's to week 2!!  Just knowing I would have to start at Day 1 is motivating enough for me. Sherry

The rehearsal dinner went great. Peer pressure did not come from the adults however the three year old grandson was a challenge. He wanted me to have his tootsie pop and when I pretended he wasn't buying it! Tough decision, chance loosing the affection of this three year old love of my life or start over with Day 1? On to Day 9 "The Wedding". Thank you all for being here and cheering each other on. It's a great support!!

Archived