Digestive Enzyme Supplement - How do I know if I need them?

Was wondering if there is any reason I should be taking a digestive enzyme. I'm feeling pretty good on Day 7. Better than before I started Whole30. But I am really thin. Am eating high carbohydrate veges with most meals as well as more fat than in the meal plan, some fruit with most meals, and the normal amount of protein. Plus I am getting the extra post workout meal when I exercise. Don't eat extra meal pre-workout because I exercise after breakfast. Would I get more out of my food if I took the digestive enzyme? Just wondering....

• Moderators

It sounds like you are doing good as you are. You might want to read through this article on digestive enzymes - http://whole9life.com/2012/09/digestive-enzymes-101/. If you identify with some of the discussion, you could always experiment with taking them. I've taken them for days at a time on several occasions and have never noticed any difference. The thing is, digestive enzymes won't hurt you - unless you take them on an empty stomach. :) They just won't help if you don't need them. 

Archived