Water during meals and peeing at night

Water is the only thing I drink and during the summer I find myself drinking a lot of ice water to help cool down. I also like to drink water between meals if I get hungry and can't eat. I've heard a lot of people (Mark SIssion to name one) say that you should limit the amount of water you drink during a meal so that you are not diluting your digestive enzymes/stomach acids. I've heard you should not drink 20 minutes before a meal and up to an hour after a meal. What are your thoughts on this? Is there a benefit to not consuming water with your meals?

My other question related to water is that with water consumption comes peeing, this is natural, but I find myself waking up 2-3 times during the night to go pee. I'm always able to go back to bed, but I feel like this is affecting my quality of sleep. My bed room is pitch black, but my bathroom is not and I usually have to use some type of light to find my way to the toilet! Am I getting less than optimal sleep because I'm drinking too much water? Should I cut back my water consumption to prevent from waking up in the middle of the night?

I typically use urine color to gauge my hydration status and tend to drink 4-5 liters of water a day, depending on activity level and if its hot outside.

Archived