Elimination to Whole30

I'm about halfway into my elimination diet to test for food sensitivities (gluten, soy, peanuts, diary, eggs, and corn) and plan on doing a Whole30...but when? Should I just skip over the reintroduction period of my elimination diet and go right into the Whole 30? Or reintroduce those 6 things, then re-eliminate them during the Whole 30?

I'm thinking I might just start the Whole30 next week. I would start ASAP, but I have some foods with legumes and non-gluten grains that I want to finish off beforehand---I know that sounds dumb, but I live alone so I can't have someone else to eat them for me and I really hate wasting food. I think some of the unopen boxes of rice-based crackers and cereals will be okay for 30 days...? I would hate for them to go bad. What did everyone do with all the non-compliant food in their kitchen when they started? Donate it? Throw it out?

• Moderators

The W30 IS an elimination diet. . . . If I were you I'd just roll right into the W30 and not worry too much about wasting food. You can do reintroductions as prescribed following the W30. How motivated will you be to stick to the W30 if you discover you don't have a reaction to a certain food? Why do it? 

I kept the nonperishable items I thought I might eat later such as beans and rice, but I threw out all the gluten and soy in my fridge and pantry. No going back. And I still haven't eaten the beans and rice. . . . 

Archived