Day 3 - Still want to eat all the time!

ehanks417

Okay, so it's only day three.  But I find I want to eat all the time.  I am not saying that I am hungry all the time.  In truth I feel like my meal portions are quite large and I feel full at the end of a meal.  I think what is happening is that I am not emotionally satisfied with what I am eating (since it is such a dramatic change).  Should I allow myself to snack as long as the foods I am eating are approved?  At least until my body and mind adjust?  Right now I am at three big meals a day and two snacks in between.  Thanks!

Let's look at a typical day's food, as well as the normal distractions from food you have in an average day.  Post up and we can give specific advice.

Generally, try to feel encouraged by recognizing hunger and competing with it.  As you reset your satiety, you'll grow into needing less than what you once needed.  It's a positive experience and a great long term result, but for now it's certainly a challenge.

I usually eat a whole lot for the first week of any Whole30.  I think partly it's about changing habits, yes, but partly it's about our bodies grabbing on to nutrition and saying, "more, more more!"  I'd say go with it for a few days, and then see if it calms down naturally.

You can make your snacks mini meals including fat and protein, or just eat five meals a day if you need to.  Hunger cues change on Whole30 so try to roll with it for a while.

One of the weirdest things about Whole30 is how much we eat. :lol:  

Hang in there and let us know how it goes. :wub:

If you are eating because you are not satisfied and not because you are hungry then I would look at what you are eating and see if you can make changes so that you are more satisfied. You can't change habits if you keep feeding them. So if you are eating for reasons of stress, boredom, or just unhappy with what you ate then address those things at the source. Now if like Amy said your body is craving specific nutrients then definitely see what tweeks you can make to satisfy that. I know for me when I go too low carb especially on exercise days I eventually hit an eat all the things patch that just doesn't end until my body gets enough carbs. Figure out what the root is and then go after the root. :)

This is great. 

You can make your snacks mini meals including fat and protein, or just eat five meals a day if you need to.  Hunger cues change on Whole30 so try to roll with it for a while.

So, it's ok to supplement a bit with snacks? The book says "no snacks," but I'm struggling to get all of the template items into a meal right now. A snack with protein and good fats seems like a great solution. Just worried that I'm going to sabotage myself if I do this. 

Archived