Question for other athletes?!?! Recovery day related....

StrongandFit

Hey! So, I am on day 5 of my whole30 and today was my recovery/rest day. About 4 days a week I do 2 a days that consist of a strength portion and a crossfit workout 3+- hours or a crossfit endurance. Today was my first day resting since starting the whole30 and I have eaten more today and feel completely hungry than any other day when working out. Does anyone know what this is contributing to? I was thinking maybe it is the cravings or the sugar dragon wanting me to eat... since they say this is when the stage starts. Any suggestions? And has anyone else had this problem? I would think I would want to eat on the days I workout a lot but that is not the case.... just interesting.

Thanks!

An average person may burn 1000+ calories an hour during strength and interval sessions, so if you're going 3 hours a day you are building quite a calorie deficit. It's not unusual that you are more hungry on a recovery day as your body is repairing itself and still needs fuel to do so.

I would start by increasing the portion sizes for all days and look at getting more starchy veg into your meals on the work days. Use the high end of ISWF portion suggestions and get extra pre and post workout meals in the routine.

I find on rest days I'm starving and always hungry. But I find there are a number of factors that can cause this. I find if I keep my hydration levels up during the day, I'm not as hungry..Plus this really helps the recovery! Also I up my fat intake on a rest day as I find the extra calories may be needed..

Archived