I want some freakin' chocolate!

Jeni32

Yes it's really worth it. I have lost 12lbs already and one of my support buddies has lost 20lbs already and we are only 5 weeks into this. We just started our 2nd round with W30 and plan on doing this even longer.

Do you have a good support system? either at home, family or friends? Or are you on a support forum here with a group? You really need people you can talk to and vent to and ask for help. Its normal to crave the things we can't have. I went through this last week. I would of killed for dark chocolate covered almonds. I love those things, but I knew it wasn't worth it at this point. My pants are getting loose and I know I'm dropping inches already.

You can do this! Stay strong! find some fruit or something to snack on. Make sure your drinking plenty of water too. The cravings will pass, I promise. Mine did. I still want the chocolate, but I don't want to kill someone for it anymore. It will be a treat when I get to my goal to have that piece of dark chocolate. I CAN wait!! and so can you!!

If you need so support I'm here, just yell....

• Moderators

A chocolate craving can indicate a magnesium deficiency. You might think about supplementing. Folks around here tend to like Natural Calm, but make sure to get the unflavored kind. It helps you sleep, too!

Also, you'll never know if it's worth it if you don't follow through. You're worth it. Stay with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I've been snacking on Choc covered Coconut shavings from sprouts. Fits the requirements for ingredients. Just a handful.

The best way to get rid of sugar cravings is to not give in to them, even with compliant foods. If you're truly hungry, have a mini meal of protein, fat, and veggies, and make sure that your meals are truly large enough (you should be able to go 5 hours between meals and just be getting hungry at about the 4 1/2-5 hour point). 

When your body wants sweets, and gets something sweet, you've rewarded that craving, so next time, that's what your body expects. If your body wants sweet, but you don't give it sweet, it will eventually stop craving sweet. It really does work, trust me -- as someone who has always had a horrible sweet tooth, and always craved sweets, if I eat Whole30 style, making sure I eat plenty of protein, fat and veggies, I don't get those cravings. If I have sweets, for instance, if I go out to eat with friends and dessert is ordered and I have some, or I am out running around and get hungry and have a Larabar, I will crave more sweets, and it takes going back to Whole30 eating for several days with no more than a serving or two of fruit a day, and no dried fruit, before I get back to not wanting it anymore. Your chocolate covered coconut shavings may have only Whole30 compliant ingredients, but they're really not doing you any favors.

I agree with Shannon, and I tend to think that women who think we are craving chocolate are really hungry. We are not really allowed to acknowledge hunger most of the time by our culture/society. I suggest feeding that craving some protein and fat and veg.

Other possibilities, as Shannon mentioned and I'm adding as thoughts come to mind: thirsty; need to get out and exercise to shake off some adrenaline; sleepy/tired; stressed; PMS (in which case, EAT MORE CARBS - for realz. Also, eat up. I eat six meals a day a few days before my period starts. And I'm teeny.); emotional and seeking some kind of relief. I'm sure there are other reasons, but I usually default, with myself, to hunger. Eat. (Clearly I'm gonna be everyone's favorite grandma: "You look like you lost weight! Eat!" :lol:  )

As for whether it's worth it, you're only ten days in. You'll know in twenty days. Hang in there, eat up, drink up, exercise up, and rest up. Here in Whole30 land we really do believe in eating and not going hungry. :wub:

Archived