ovulation

jenll

I am in the middle of my cycle and this is the time that I have more cravings and often have lots of stomach bloating.  I made it through the first week, but the last 2 days have been dicey, eating more fruit, nuts and coconut than I should.  Does this happen to anyone else?  I was hoping that the Whole 30 might squash this nonsense.

I am in the middle of my cycle and this is the time that I have more cravings and often have lots of stomach bloating.  I made it through the first week, but the last 2 days have been dicey, eating more fruit, nuts and coconut than I should.  Does this happen to anyone else?  I was hoping that the Whole 30 might squash this nonsense.

I find about a week before my period starts I need a lot more carbs. On Whole30 the best way to deal with this is up your starchy vegetables. Also eat more fat. It is normal...your body is preparing for a possible pregnancy and you need more carbs and fat to support a growing baby. 

Well, the best way to truly squash this nonsense will be to feed yourself more starchy veggies & more fat, as already suggested.  

Fruit, nuts, and coconut are all capable of feeding sugar dragons and being problematic (food without brakes) for some people.  Been there, done that.  ;)

I agree with the above. Women are generally told to not eat as much as we need to sustain life, and then when these normal times of our cycles come around and we really need more food, we feel guilty about it.  Argh! It wasn't until I had done Whole30 for a while that I realized that it was normal for me to need six full meals for a few days before my period.

Go ahead and eat up, eat meals, enjoy, and tell those tired voices that don't want women to eat to go on a long vacation. Eat! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Fertility Awareness Method so I'm pretty in tune with my cycles and always know when I'm ovulating...and when to prepare for my carb cravings! This past ovulation was the first one I've had on the W30 (I should have one more before it's over) and I was going crazy trying to snack on anything and everything carb-y. Forget PMS...ovulation has me devouring my kitchen! The bloating you experience may be due to the food, or, if you are like me, just due to the fluid in your abdomen after the follicle releases the egg. 

Archived